ISPE Laboratories presents a new method to evaluate the solar protection factor of water-resistant products (SPF water resistant and SPF waterproof – very water resistant). According to the company, the procedure entails the complete immersion of the volunteer’s skin area submitted to the test, thus calling for the use of an appropriate spa-pool provided with all the technical characteristics required by the new method. ISPE offers this method in its labs for the validation of SPF in compliance with the new COLIPA norms.
ISPE Presents Complete Immersion SPF Testing
November 5, 2008
Fill out my online form.
Most Popular in SPF Testing
- 1The Best Sunscreen? The One People Will Use.
- 2Adapting SPF Testing Methods for Mineral Sunscreen Density
- 3Quantifying Benzophenone-3 and Octyl Methoxycinnamate in Sunscreen Emulsions
- 4In vitro/vivo SPF Correlation and Repeatability According to Substrate
- 5SPF 100+ Efficacy Put to the Test in ‘Actual Use’
- 6Testing Sun Protection Factor in Skin
- 7Determination of the In Vitro SPF
- 8[video] Student Poster: The Effects of Blue Light on Skin
- 9Latin Americans Need Better Sunscreens
- 10SPF Tests Reveal No Ideal In vitro Substrate Exists
- [video] Student Poster: The Effects of Blue Light on Skin
5/20/2019, Rachel Grabenhofer with Lisa Stevens, Azelis and the University of Cincinnati