ISPE Laboratories presents a new method to evaluate the solar protection factor of water-resistant products (SPF water resistant and SPF waterproof – very water resistant). According to the company, the procedure entails the complete immersion of the volunteer’s skin area submitted to the test, thus calling for the use of an appropriate spa-pool provided with all the technical characteristics required by the new method. ISPE offers this method in its labs for the validation of SPF in compliance with the new COLIPA norms.
ISPE Presents Complete Immersion SPF Testing
November 5, 2008
Fill out my online form.
Most Popular in SPF Testing
- 1Adapting SPF Testing Methods for Mineral Sunscreen Density
- 2In vitro/vivo SPF Correlation and Repeatability According to Substrate
- 3Testing SPF 15–100, Indoor vs. Outdoor
- 4Testing Sun Protection Factor in Skin
- 5BASF Tool Analyzes Sun Care's Environmental Impact
- 6Hallstar’s Sunscreen Testing Platform is More Science than Art
- 7[video] Student Poster: The Effects of Blue Light on Skin
- 8Latin Americans Need Better Sunscreens
- 9SPF Tests Reveal No Ideal In vitro Substrate Exists
- 10SPF Testing: Who's Got Their 'Backs?'
- BASF Tool Analyzes Sun Care's Environmental Impact
7/22/2019, Brooke Schleehauf
- The Big Reveal: UV Imaging Uncovers Sun Protection, Skin Dryness and Microbiome
9/1/2019, Jonathan Crowther, Ph.D., JMC Scientific Consulting Ltd., Egham, Surrey, U.K.
- [video] Student Poster: The Effects of Blue Light on Skin
5/20/2019, Rachel Grabenhofer with Lisa Stevens, Azelis and the University of Cincinnati