ISPE Laboratories presents a new method to evaluate the solar protection factor of water-resistant products (SPF water resistant and SPF waterproof – very water resistant). According to the company, the procedure entails the complete immersion of the volunteer’s skin area submitted to the test, thus calling for the use of an appropriate spa-pool provided with all the technical characteristics required by the new method. ISPE offers this method in its labs for the validation of SPF in compliance with the new COLIPA norms.
ISPE Presents Complete Immersion SPF Testing
November 5, 2008
Fill out my online form.
High Demand for Naturals Continues – Guide Formulary Accelerates Formulation Work — Natural Plant Products Inc.
Most Popular in SPF Testing
- 1Characterizing Roughness: A New Substrate to Measure SPF
- 2Adapting SPF Testing Methods for Mineral Sunscreen Density
- 3SPF Tests Reveal No Ideal In vitro Substrate Exists
- 4Quantifying Benzophenone-3 and Octyl Methoxycinnamate in Sunscreen Emulsions
- 5In vitro/vivo SPF Correlation and Repeatability According to Substrate
- 6Sandblasting to Improve the Reproducibility of In vitro Sunscreen Evaluation
- 7Testing SPF 15–100, Indoor vs. Outdoor
- 8Interpretation of SPF In vivo Results: Analysis and Statistical Explanation
- 9In Vitro UV Testing—Robot vs. Human Spreading for Repeatable, Reproducible Results
- 10The Best Sunscreen? The One People Will Use.