ISPE Laboratories presents a new method to evaluate the solar protection factor of water-resistant products (SPF water resistant and SPF waterproof – very water resistant). According to the company, the procedure entails the complete immersion of the volunteer’s skin area submitted to the test, thus calling for the use of an appropriate spa-pool provided with all the technical characteristics required by the new method. ISPE offers this method in its labs for the validation of SPF in compliance with the new COLIPA norms.
ISPE Presents Complete Immersion SPF Testing
November 5, 2008
Fill out my online form.
Most Popular in SPF Testing
- 1Adapting SPF Testing Methods for Mineral Sunscreen Density
- 2In vitro/vivo SPF Correlation and Repeatability According to Substrate
- 3Determination of the In Vitro SPF
- 4Interpretation of SPF In vivo Results: Analysis and Statistical Explanation
- 5Testing Sun Protection Factor in Skin
- 6The Big Reveal: UV Imaging Uncovers Sun Protection, Skin Dryness and Microbiome
- 7Sandblasting to Improve the Reproducibility of In vitro Sunscreen Evaluation
- 8SPF Tests Reveal No Ideal In vitro Substrate Exists
- 9In Vitro UV Testing—Robot vs. Human Spreading for Repeatable, Reproducible Results
- 10[video] Student Poster: The Effects of Blue Light on Skin