ISPE Laboratories presents a new method to evaluate the solar protection factor of water-resistant products (SPF water resistant and SPF waterproof – very water resistant). According to the company, the procedure entails the complete immersion of the volunteer’s skin area submitted to the test, thus calling for the use of an appropriate spa-pool provided with all the technical characteristics required by the new method. ISPE offers this method in its labs for the validation of SPF in compliance with the new COLIPA norms.
ISPE Presents Complete Immersion SPF Testing
November 5, 2008
Fill out my online form.
Most Popular in SPF Testing
- 1Adapting SPF Testing Methods for Mineral Sunscreen Density
- 2In vitro/vivo SPF Correlation and Repeatability According to Substrate
- 3The Big Reveal: UV Imaging Uncovers Sun Protection, Skin Dryness and Microbiome
- 4UV Transmission Assessment: Influence of Temperature on Substrate Surface
- 5BASF Tool Analyzes Sun Care's Environmental Impact
- 6Hallstar’s Sunscreen Testing Platform is More Science than Art
- 7Latin Americans Need Better Sunscreens
- 8Determination of the In Vitro SPF
- 9Pioneering Skin Testing: Download our Informative Poster
- 10Quantifying Benzophenone-3 and Octyl Methoxycinnamate in Sunscreen Emulsions
- BASF Tool Analyzes Sun Care's Environmental Impact
7/22/2019, Brooke Schleehauf
- The Big Reveal: UV Imaging Uncovers Sun Protection, Skin Dryness and Microbiome
9/1/2019, Jonathan Crowther, Ph.D., JMC Scientific Consulting Ltd., Egham, Surrey, U.K.
- [video] Student Poster: The Effects of Blue Light on Skin
5/20/2019, Rachel Grabenhofer with Lisa Stevens, Azelis and the University of Cincinnati