ISPE Laboratories presents a new method to evaluate the solar protection factor of water-resistant products (SPF water resistant and SPF waterproof – very water resistant). According to the company, the procedure entails the complete immersion of the volunteer’s skin area submitted to the test, thus calling for the use of an appropriate spa-pool provided with all the technical characteristics required by the new method. ISPE offers this method in its labs for the validation of SPF in compliance with the new COLIPA norms.
ISPE Presents Complete Immersion SPF Testing
November 5, 2008
Fill out my online form.
Fragrance Allergen Calibration Mixes - Download FREE Technical Article — Sigma-Aldrich/MilliporeSigma
Most Popular in SPF Testing
- 1The Big Reveal: UV Imaging Uncovers Sun Protection, Skin Dryness and Microbiome
- 2Hallstar’s Sunscreen Testing Platform is More Science than Art
- 3Latin Americans Need Better Sunscreens
- 4Adapting SPF Testing Methods for Mineral Sunscreen Density
- 5In vitro/vivo SPF Correlation and Repeatability According to Substrate
- 6The Best Sunscreen? The One People Will Use.
- 7BASF Tool Analyzes Sun Care's Environmental Impact
- 8Interpretation of SPF In vivo Results: Analysis and Statistical Explanation
- 9[video] Student Poster: The Effects of Blue Light on Skin
- 10Testing Sun Protection Factor in Skin
- BASF Tool Analyzes Sun Care's Environmental Impact
7/22/2019, Brooke Schleehauf
- The Big Reveal: UV Imaging Uncovers Sun Protection, Skin Dryness and Microbiome
9/1/2019, Jonathan Crowther, Ph.D., JMC Scientific Consulting Ltd., Egham, Surrey, U.K.
- [video] Student Poster: The Effects of Blue Light on Skin
5/20/2019, Rachel Grabenhofer with Lisa Stevens, Azelis and the University of Cincinnati