ISPE Laboratories presents a new method to evaluate the solar protection factor of water-resistant products (SPF water resistant and SPF waterproof – very water resistant). According to the company, the procedure entails the complete immersion of the volunteer’s skin area submitted to the test, thus calling for the use of an appropriate spa-pool provided with all the technical characteristics required by the new method. ISPE offers this method in its labs for the validation of SPF in compliance with the new COLIPA norms.
ISPE Presents Complete Immersion SPF Testing
November 5, 2008
Fill out my online form.
Most Popular in SPF Testing
- 1In vitro/vivo SPF Correlation and Repeatability According to Substrate
- 2Adapting SPF Testing Methods for Mineral Sunscreen Density
- 3Latin Americans Need Better Sunscreens
- 4Hallstar’s Sunscreen Testing Platform is More Science than Art
- 5[video] Student Poster: The Effects of Blue Light on Skin
- 6BASF Tool Analyzes Sun Care's Environmental Impact
- 7Testing Sun Protection Factor in Skin
- 8Determination of the In Vitro SPF
- 9SPF Tests Reveal No Ideal In vitro Substrate Exists
- 10The Big Reveal: UV Imaging Uncovers Sun Protection, Skin Dryness and Microbiome