ISPE Laboratories presents a new method to evaluate the solar protection factor of water-resistant products (SPF water resistant and SPF waterproof – very water resistant). According to the company, the procedure entails the complete immersion of the volunteer’s skin area submitted to the test, thus calling for the use of an appropriate spa-pool provided with all the technical characteristics required by the new method. ISPE offers this method in its labs for the validation of SPF in compliance with the new COLIPA norms.
ISPE Presents Complete Immersion SPF Testing
November 5, 2008
Fill out my online form.
Effective Sun Care Starts with Ingredients that Consumers can Trust. Request a Sample — Vantage Specialty Ingredients
Strong, Smooth, and Defined Hair with 100% Natural Amino Lipid Technology--Download Formulations! — INOLEX
Most Popular in SPF Testing
- 1Hallstar’s Sunscreen Testing Platform is More Science than Art
- 2In vitro/vivo SPF Correlation and Repeatability According to Substrate
- 3Adapting SPF Testing Methods for Mineral Sunscreen Density
- 4In Vitro UV Testing—Robot vs. Human Spreading for Repeatable, Reproducible Results
- 5[video] Student Poster: The Effects of Blue Light on Skin
- 6Interpretation of SPF In vivo Results: Analysis and Statistical Explanation
- 7Testing Sun Protection Factor in Skin
- 8Latin Americans Need Better Sunscreens
- 9Determination of the In Vitro SPF
- 10The Big Reveal: UV Imaging Uncovers Sun Protection, Skin Dryness and Microbiome
- BASF Tool Analyzes Sun Care's Environmental Impact
7/22/2019, Brooke Schleehauf
- The Big Reveal: UV Imaging Uncovers Sun Protection, Skin Dryness and Microbiome
9/1/2019, Jonathan Crowther, Ph.D., JMC Scientific Consulting Ltd., Egham, Surrey, U.K.
- [video] Student Poster: The Effects of Blue Light on Skin
5/20/2019, Rachel Grabenhofer with Lisa Stevens, Azelis and the University of Cincinnati