Lessonia, maker of over 150 natural exfoliators, has named 2017 a crucial year for the industry to replace polyethylene due to its harmful effects on the environment. The company stressed the need for a natural and biodegradable alternative, adding that a better solution exists for projects across the board.
Lessonia’s alternatives include:
- Shells and kernels (almond, argan, walnut, coconut)
- Fruit (apple, pomegranate, orange, cranberry)
- Minerals (garnet, pearl, volcanic sand, quartz)
- Herbs and spices (cocoa, coffee, ginger, rice)
- Seeds (blackcurrant, raspberry, strawberry, kiwi)
- Flowers and leaves (camomilla, lavender, cornflower, rosemary)