What do anti-acne and anti-pollution have in common? Inflammation, according to a new study in Clinical, Cosmetic and Investigational Dermatology. And what's driving the microbiome craze? Funny enough (not really), inflammation, once again; at least, based on observations shared by Larry Weiss, M.D., of AOBiome, in our new podcast series.
If you missed this week's news, you missed out! Check out our video re-cap, also including:
- Part II (technical advances) and Part III (formulation and language) in our microbiome care podcast series;
- A report in Dermatology Times proposing microbiome-based markers to aid in acne diagnosis and treatment;
- Evonik's crowd sourcing-competition to deliver new solutions to the industry;
- Elizabeth Blackburn, Ph.D., and Carol Greider, Ph.D., awarded for their work on aging in relation to telomeres;
- A new invention from PUIG for controlled fragrance release; and
- The latest Cosmetics & Toiletries issue is here: July/August. Take a look!