When did preservatives first enter the cosmetics scene? And what's happening now that consumers don't want them? This final video in our triclosan series with David Steinberg gives the history of how contaminated antibacterial cleansers led to safely preserved cosmetics. It also highlights how preservative-free and natural movements are unraveling product safety.
[video] How Antibacterial Cleansers Led to Preservatives in Cosmetics
October 10, 2016
Fill out my online form.
Most Popular in Preservatives
- 1The Preservative Challenge: Free Ebook
- 2Who optimizes the delivery of non-alcohol preservatives? We do.
- 3Comparatively Speaking: Antimicrobial vs. Preservative vs. Antibiotic
- 4Ethyl Lauroyl Arginate HCl for Natural Preservation
- 51,2-Alkanediols for Cosmetic Preservation
- 6New Alternatives to Paraben-Based Preservative Blends
- 7Influence of pH on the Preservative Boosting Effect of Chelating Agents
- 8Effective vs. Ineffective Preservation Using Water Activity*
- 9Botanigenics Launches Paraben-free Preservative System
- 10"Nature-identical" Preservative for More Sustainable Science
- Symrise Introduces Benzyl-Alcohol Based Preservative SymOcide BHO
1/24/2019, Eden Stuart
- Troy's 'Label-friendlier' Natural Preservatives to Debut in Asia
10/24/2018, Rachel Grabenhofer
- Cosphatec Preservative Blend Won't Get Under Sensitive Skin
10/17/2018, Brooke Schleehauf
- Sharon Laboratories Wants to Amplify in-cosmetics Global 2019
2/15/2019, Eden Stuart