During in-cosmetics 2014, Solvay launched Jaguar Optima, a natural guar-based conditioning solution created to meet market demands for silicone-free, sulfate-free, oil-based and oil-free shampoos. While many commercial products provide shampoos targeting hair types, i.e., for normal, slightly damaged, or color-treated hair, this ingredient was designed to formulate products to meet demands for specific effects or attributes in shampoos, such as shine and texture, or sulfate-free formulations. According to the company, the naturally derived conditioning polymer provides lightweight conditioning and formulation flexibility, for light deposition of silicone and oils, and creates rich, white creamy foam.
Novel Shampoo Effects from Solvay
April 15, 2014
Fill out my online form.
High Demand for Naturals Continues – Guide Formulary Accelerates Formulation Work — Natural Plant Products Inc.
Most Popular in Hair Care
- 1Read the Label: Olaplex No. 3 Hair Perfector
- 2Garnier Launches Eco-Friendly Shampoo Bars
- 3BioSilk Debuts Health + Beauty Antibacterial Hair Care Trio
- 4Nutrafol’s First Topical: Hair Growth Serum
- 5Determining the Effects of Glycolic Acid in Hair Care Products
- 6Lubrizol’s AlgaPūr HSHO Algae Oil Naturally Repairs Hair and Scalp
- 7Shampoo Formulation: The Basics
- 8Formulating Hair Care Products: A Q&A With Vaishali Gode, PhD
- 9Comparatively Speaking: Cocamide DEA vs. MEA vs. DIPA in Shampoos
- 10Comparatively Speaking—PEG-8 Dimethicone vs. PEG-8 Dimethicone Meadowfoamate
- Ending the Cycle of Split Ends
11/12/2013, Michael Wright and Margaret Szerszen, Alberto Culver Co., now a part of Unilever N.V.
- Glycolic Acid No Longer Just for Skin—Changing the Internal Properties of Hair
11/1/2013, Trefor A. Evans, TA Evans LLC; and Jennifer M. Altland, Robert Burch and Jeff Horsager, E.I. duPont de Nemours and Company
- Silicones for Hair Strengthening
1/5/2014, Bethany K. Johnson, Kim M. Quackenbush and Brian J. Swanton, Dow Corning Corp.
- Patent Picks—Capsule Delivery Agents, Photoprotection, Staining Mitigation, Peptides, Substrates, Curl Retention, Hair Dye and More for Hair Care
11/7/2013, Katie Anderson (Schaefer), Cosmetics & Toiletries magazine
- Growth, Senescence, Canities, Bleaching and Anti-aging in Hair
1/24/2014, Robert J. Dorin, DO, American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery, and True & Dorin Medical Group, P.C., NYC