During in-cosmetics 2014, Solvay launched Jaguar Optima, a natural guar-based conditioning solution created to meet market demands for silicone-free, sulfate-free, oil-based and oil-free shampoos. While many commercial products provide shampoos targeting hair types, i.e., for normal, slightly damaged, or color-treated hair, this ingredient was designed to formulate products to meet demands for specific effects or attributes in shampoos, such as shine and texture, or sulfate-free formulations. According to the company, the naturally derived conditioning polymer provides lightweight conditioning and formulation flexibility, for light deposition of silicone and oils, and creates rich, white creamy foam.
Novel Shampoo Effects from Solvay
April 15, 2014
Fill out my online form.
Most Popular in Hair Care
- 1[updated] New Results to Reverse Graying Hair
- 2Evoking Emotion: The Impact of Hair
- 3Irwin Naturals Launches CBD Body Care Line: HydroCanna
- 4ShamLuLu's Shampoo Tablets Offer Hair Care Without the Bottle
- 5Ichimaru Stimulates Regenerative Hair Growth
- 6Sensolene Light Awarded for 2019 Best New Ingredient
- 7Colonial to Launch Palm-free Conditioning Aid at In-cos Global 2020
- 8Shampoo Formulation: The Basics
- 9Postbiotic for Hair Growth and Skin Repair
- 10Brian K. Marks Brings 'Ancient Formulas' to 2020 Hair Care
- Ending the Cycle of Split Ends
11/12/2013, Michael Wright and Margaret Szerszen, Alberto Culver Co., now a part of Unilever N.V.
- Glycolic Acid No Longer Just for Skin—Changing the Internal Properties of Hair
11/1/2013, Trefor A. Evans, TA Evans LLC; and Jennifer M. Altland, Robert Burch and Jeff Horsager, E.I. duPont de Nemours and Company
- Silicones for Hair Strengthening
1/5/2014, Bethany K. Johnson, Kim M. Quackenbush and Brian J. Swanton, Dow Corning Corp.
- Patent Picks—Capsule Delivery Agents, Photoprotection, Staining Mitigation, Peptides, Substrates, Curl Retention, Hair Dye and More for Hair Care
11/7/2013, Katie Anderson (Schaefer), Cosmetics & Toiletries magazine
- Growth, Senescence, Canities, Bleaching and Anti-aging in Hair
1/24/2014, Robert J. Dorin, DO, American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery, and True & Dorin Medical Group, P.C., NYC