During in-cosmetics 2014, Solvay launched Jaguar Optima, a natural guar-based conditioning solution created to meet market demands for silicone-free, sulfate-free, oil-based and oil-free shampoos. While many commercial products provide shampoos targeting hair types, i.e., for normal, slightly damaged, or color-treated hair, this ingredient was designed to formulate products to meet demands for specific effects or attributes in shampoos, such as shine and texture, or sulfate-free formulations. According to the company, the naturally derived conditioning polymer provides lightweight conditioning and formulation flexibility, for light deposition of silicone and oils, and creates rich, white creamy foam.
Novel Shampoo Effects from Solvay
April 15, 2014
Fill out my online form.
Fragrance Allergen Calibration Mixes - Download FREE Technical Article — Sigma-Aldrich/MilliporeSigma
Most Popular in Hair Care
- 1Gray Hair, Gone via Ashland Biofunctional
- 2Greentech Ingredient Halts Hair Loss
- 3Shampoo Formulation: The Basics
- 4Who Has Picture-Perfect Color That Lasts? We Do.
- 5[WGSN Data] 2022 Hair Care Trends You Need to Know About
- 64 Emerging Ingredient Trends for Anti-pollution Hair Care
- 7Comparatively Speaking: Cocamide DEA vs. MEA vs. DIPA in Shampoos
- 8Ancient Active: Split End Repair with Ayurvedic Roots
- 9Determining the Effects of Glycolic Acid in Hair Care Products
- 10R+Co's All-In-One Elixir Spray
- Ending the Cycle of Split Ends
11/12/2013, Michael Wright and Margaret Szerszen, Alberto Culver Co., now a part of Unilever N.V.
- Glycolic Acid No Longer Just for Skin—Changing the Internal Properties of Hair
11/1/2013, Trefor A. Evans, TA Evans LLC; and Jennifer M. Altland, Robert Burch and Jeff Horsager, E.I. duPont de Nemours and Company
- Silicones for Hair Strengthening
1/5/2014, Bethany K. Johnson, Kim M. Quackenbush and Brian J. Swanton, Dow Corning Corp.
- Patent Picks—Capsule Delivery Agents, Photoprotection, Staining Mitigation, Peptides, Substrates, Curl Retention, Hair Dye and More for Hair Care
11/7/2013, Katie Anderson (Schaefer), Cosmetics & Toiletries magazine
- Growth, Senescence, Canities, Bleaching and Anti-aging in Hair
1/24/2014, Robert J. Dorin, DO, American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery, and True & Dorin Medical Group, P.C., NYC