More and more, research is showing that pollution affects the skin; particularly by imparting aging traits such as lentigines and wrinkles. Epidemiological observations provided initial insight but according to Jean Krutmann, M.D., new methods have been developed to test for anti-pollution efficacy in vitro and in vivo, to substantiate anti-pollution claims. He explained this during the recent International Investigative Dermatology (IID) conference in Orlando, where he gave a brief interview on the subject. Watch now!
[video] Big Step Forward for Anti-pollution Claims
June 13, 2018
Fill out my online form.
EquiScalp®, award-winner microbiota-friendly active ingredient for scalp soothing — Clariant International Ltd.
Most Popular in Efficacy/Claims Substantiation
- 1Lasting Impression: A Consumer-centric Approach to Measure Transfer-proof Lipstick
- 2Defining and Controlling Frizz
- 3The Dirty Truth About Pollution-induced Skin Aging: The AhR Pathway Tells All
- 4Your Hair on Acid: The Influence of Carboxylic Acids
- 5Testing Moisturizing Claims for Skin
- 6Coiffed Conundrum: Equating the Measurement of Hair Shine
- 7Wet Skin Factor for Sunscreens: An In vitro Method, Part I
- 8Measuring Hair Strength, Part I: Stress-Strain Curves
- 9Beating the Damaging Effects of Heat on Hair
- 10Terminalia Chebula for Preventive and Restorative Anti-aging Benefits*
- BASF Develops Tests to Verify Anti-pollution Product Efficacy
10/14/2020, Michele Behrens
- Lasting Impression: A Consumer-centric Approach to Measure Transfer-proof Lipstick
3/1/2021, Cyril Messaraa and Michelle Mangan, Oriflame Research & Development, Dublin
- [video] Cosmetics R&D Vlog: Testing Color Retaining Shampoos and Conditioners
5/3/2021, Michele Behrens, Cosmetics & Toiletries with Sabina Wizemann, Good Housekeeping Institute
- Path Uncovered to Create Dermal Papilla-like Cells and Advance Hair Follicle Growth
10/6/2020, Rachel Grabenhofer
- Words from Wiechers: Mediocre Mediocracy?
12/10/2020, Tony O'Lenick and the late Johann W. Wiechers, Ph.D.