More and more, research is showing that pollution affects the skin; particularly by imparting aging traits such as lentigines and wrinkles. Epidemiological observations provided initial insight but according to Jean Krutmann, M.D., new methods have been developed to test for anti-pollution efficacy in vitro and in vivo, to substantiate anti-pollution claims. He explained this during the recent International Investigative Dermatology (IID) conference in Orlando, where he gave a brief interview on the subject. Watch now!
[video] Big Step Forward for Anti-pollution Claims
June 13, 2018
Fill out my online form.
Ethience Protect: the ultimate 3-levels protection to reinforce compromised skin barrier — Clariant International Ltd
Behind the scenes of beauty: Multifunctionals: a perfect choice for the industry, a perfect fit for consumers — Symrise
Most Popular in Efficacy/Claims Substantiation
- 1Your Hair on Acid: The Influence of Carboxylic Acids
- 2Validate the efficacy of actives, raw materials & products in preventing/repairing skin damage from environmental pollution
- 3Terminalia Chebula for Preventive and Restorative Anti-aging Benefits*
- 4Measuring Hair Strength, Part I: Stress-Strain Curves
- 5Dual Defense: Protecting and Repairing Hair Holistically, Inside and Out
- 6Beating the Damaging Effects of Heat on Hair
- 7Coiffed Conundrum: Equating the Measurement of Hair Shine
- 8Testing Moisturizing Claims for Skin
- 9Making Hair Loss History: Native Polyphenols to Kick-start Hair Regrowth
- 10Simple and Sensorial: Amino-modified Silicone Protects and Revives Hair
- Lasting Impression: A Consumer-centric Approach to Measure Transfer-proof Lipstick
3/1/2021, Cyril Messaraa and Michelle Mangan, Oriflame Research & Development, Dublin
- [video] Cosmetics R&D Vlog: Testing Color Retaining Shampoos and Conditioners
5/3/2021, Michele Behrens, Cosmetics & Toiletries with Sabina Wizemann, Good Housekeeping Institute
- Words from Wiechers: In the Land of the Blind, the One-eyed Man is King
5/25/2021, Tony O'Lenick, Nascent Technologies Corp., and the late Johann W. Wiechers, Ph.D.
- Industry Insight: Testing the Most Efficient Color Shampoo/Conditioner Duos
6/1/2021, Michele Behrens, Cosmetics & Toiletries and Sabina Wizemann, Good Housekeeping Institute
- Words from Wiechers: Mediocre Mediocracy?
12/10/2020, Tony O'Lenick and the late Johann W. Wiechers, Ph.D.