Licochalcone A for antiaging: A recent Beiersdorf patent discloses the antiaging benefits of licochalcone A or an extract containing licochalcone A from Glycyrrhiza inflata roots.1 According to the patent, licochalcone A (alone or in an extract) can be used in cosmetic or dermatologic preparations for treating and preventing symptoms of intrinsic and/or extrinsic skin aging, and for treating and preventing the damaging effects of ultraviolet (UV) radiation on the skin.
February 16, 2009
Fill out my online form.
Most Popular in Patents
- 1Patent Pick: Anti-aging Lip Illusion
- 2Patent Inventor vs. Assignee
- 3Patent Pick: Powder Base Without the Cake
- 4Comparatively Speaking: Issued Patent vs. Patent Applications
- 5Literature Review: Color Perception, Pigmentation and Optics
- 6Patent Pick: Putting Corynebacterium to Work for Skin Care
- 7Patent Pick: Lips Sealed with Improved Occlusion
- 8Patent Pick: Sulfate-free Pump Delivery
- 9Comparatively Speaking: Disruptive Innovation vs. Sustaining Innovation
- 10Comparatively Speaking: Patents, Exclusive Right and Public Development
- Comparatively Speaking: Patents, Exclusive Right and Public Development
3/28/2019, Anthony J. O'Lenick, Jr., IFSCC Education Chair and Siltech, LLC
- Words from Wiechers: A 'License to Kill'
6/17/2019, Anthony J. O'Lenick, Jr., IFSCC Chair and Siltech LLC, and the late Johann W. Wiechers, Ph.D., Formulating for Efficacy software
- Patent Pick: Putting Corynebacterium to Work for Skin Care
6/3/2019, Rachel Grabenhofer
- Patent Pick: Chocolate-dipped Answer to Aging
2/13/2019, Rachel Grabenhofer
- Patent Pick: Orchid Extract Maintains ECM Integrity
11/15/2018, Rachel Grabenhofer