Licochalcone A for antiaging: A recent Beiersdorf patent discloses the antiaging benefits of licochalcone A or an extract containing licochalcone A from Glycyrrhiza inflata roots.1 According to the patent, licochalcone A (alone or in an extract) can be used in cosmetic or dermatologic preparations for treating and preventing symptoms of intrinsic and/or extrinsic skin aging, and for treating and preventing the damaging effects of ultraviolet (UV) radiation on the skin.
February 16, 2009
Fill out my online form.
Most Popular in Patents
- 1Comparatively Speaking: Patents, Exclusive Right and Public Development
- 2Patent Inventor vs. Assignee
- 3Patent Pick: Lips Sealed with Improved Occlusion
- 4Patent Pick: Indolyl for Smarter Skin Whitening
- 5Patent Pick: Chocolate-dipped Answer to Aging
- 6Literature Review: Color Perception, Pigmentation and Optics
- 7Comparatively Speaking: Issued Patent vs. Patent Applications
- 8Patent Pick: A Facial Device to Melt Your Heart—and Sebum
- 9Patent Pick: Anti-aging Answered by Nature
- 10Patent Pick: Fresh as a Winter Savory Armpit?
- Comparatively Speaking: Patents, Exclusive Right and Public Development
3/28/2019, Anthony J. O'Lenick, Jr., IFSCC Education Chair and Siltech, LLC
- Patent Pick: Chocolate-dipped Answer to Aging
2/13/2019, Rachel Grabenhofer
- Patent Pick: Orchid Extract Maintains ECM Integrity
11/15/2018, Rachel Grabenhofer
- Patent Pick: Pumpkin, Shea and More for Elegant Occlusion and Care
10/30/2018, Rachel Grabenhofer
- Patent Pick: Lips Sealed with Improved Occlusion
4/15/2019, Rachel Grabenhofer