Licochalcone A for antiaging: A recent Beiersdorf patent discloses the antiaging benefits of licochalcone A or an extract containing licochalcone A from Glycyrrhiza inflata roots.1 According to the patent, licochalcone A (alone or in an extract) can be used in cosmetic or dermatologic preparations for treating and preventing symptoms of intrinsic and/or extrinsic skin aging, and for treating and preventing the damaging effects of ultraviolet (UV) radiation on the skin.
February 16, 2009
Fill out my online form.
Most Popular in Patents
- 1Comparatively Speaking: Cosmetic Chemists as Patent Partners
- 2Patent Pick: Jelly Fungus Glycolipids for Natural Preservative, Antibacterial Benefits
- 3Patent Inventor vs. Assignee
- 4Sytheon Patents Isosorbide Esters for Skin Diseases, Enters Derm Market
- 5Patent Pick: Eruca sativa Antibacterial, Wound Healer
- 6Patent Pick: Omniphobic Pigments for Lasting Wear
- 7Patent Pick: Self-foaming and Moisturizing Facial Mask
- 8Comparatively Speaking: Issued Patent vs. Patent Applications
- 9Patent Picks—'Java Ginger' Nanolipids, Aloe Antioxidants, 'Nightshade' Extract, Silica and Gold Anti-acne Nanoparticles and More
- 10Patent Pick: Fiber-enhanced Eyelashes
- Comparatively Speaking: Cosmetic Chemists as Patent Partners
7/17/2020, Tony O'Lenick, Nascent Technologies Corp.
- Patent Pick: Omniphobic Pigments for Lasting Wear
6/15/2020, Rachel Grabenhofer
- Patent Pick: Fiber-enhanced Eyelashes
5/26/2020, Rachel Grabenhofer
- Patent Pick: Kao Device Puts a Spin on Topical Delivery
4/27/2020, Rachel Grabenhofer
- Patent Pick: Self-foaming and Moisturizing Facial Mask
6/18/2020, Rachel Grabenhofer