Today's recurring blackouts and power shortage in California are a painful reminder that energy conservation is still important even in a wealthy nation like America. Two years after the world-wide oil crisis of 1974, I first presented the concept of Low-Energy Emulsification (LEE) at the Society of Cosmetic Chemists (SCC) meeting in New York. Since then, LEE has helped cosmetic manufacturers around the world process a wide range of emulsidfied skin- and hair-care products and color cosmetics, including facial creams, moisturizing lotions, hair conditioners and fluid makeups. LEE can also be used to process many non-emulsion products like shampoos and hair gels with considerable energy saving.
Low-Energy Emulsification: Beyond Energy Conversation
November 4, 2011
Fill out my online form.
Givaudan unveils Sensityl™, a sustainable concentrate of marine biotechnology for cosmetics that also influences consumers’ mood
Most Popular in Methods & Processes
- 1Clean Beauty Decoded
- 2Comparatively Speaking: Natural Oil Grades
- 3Comparatively Speaking: Epilation vs. Depilation
- 4Conditioned Response: Fragrance's Cross-modal Effect on Sensory Perception in Hair Care*
- 5Words from Wiechers: One-way Communication
- 6L'Oréal and Alibaba Bring Mobile Acne Analysis to China
- 7Formulating Water-in-Oil Emulsions: A Scary Endeavor
- 8MIT Mixes Emulsions That Stick
- 9Understanding Fragrance Allergy, Is Fragrance-free Always Necessary?
- 10Cold Processing of Emulsions
- Comparatively Speaking: HLB vs PIT
1/28/2019, Anthony J. O'Lenick, Jr., Siltech LLC, et al.
- Words from Wiechers: Organized Chaos
2/11/2019, Tony O'Lenick and the late Johann W. Wiechers, Ph.D
- Words from Wiechers: One-way Communication
5/30/2019, Anthony J. O'Lenick, Jr., IFSCC Chair and Siltech LLC, and the late Johann W. Wiechers, Ph.D., Formulating for Efficacy software
- Fluid Beauty: Biometric Measures to Innovate 'Genderless' Cosmetics
2/28/2019, John Jiménez and Mauricio Guzmán Alonso, Belcorp, Tocancipá, Colombia
- AI—Not a Goal, a Tool in Product Development
4/24/2019, Rachel Grabenhofer