Today's recurring blackouts and power shortage in California are a painful reminder that energy conservation is still important even in a wealthy nation like America. Two years after the world-wide oil crisis of 1974, I first presented the concept of Low-Energy Emulsification (LEE) at the Society of Cosmetic Chemists (SCC) meeting in New York. Since then, LEE has helped cosmetic manufacturers around the world process a wide range of emulsidfied skin- and hair-care products and color cosmetics, including facial creams, moisturizing lotions, hair conditioners and fluid makeups. LEE can also be used to process many non-emulsion products like shampoos and hair gels with considerable energy saving.
Low-Energy Emulsification: Beyond Energy Conversation
November 4, 2011
Fill out my online form.
Most Popular in Methods & Processes
- 1 "COSMETICS LAB" - The new cosmetics magazine made for scientists by scientists.
- 2Autophagy Loss Relates to Age Spot Formation
- 3Formulation Database to Accelerate Product Development
- 4Cold Processing of Emulsions
- 5Comparatively Speaking: Epilation vs. Depilation
- 6Building Cosmetics to Boost Self-confidence: An Interdisciplinary Approach
- 7Formulating Water-in-Oil Emulsions: A Scary Endeavor
- 8Cloud point vs. High cloud point
- 9Free vs. Controlled Radical Polymerization
- 10Water Activity
- Comparatively Speaking: HLB vs PIT
1/28/2019, Anthony J. O'Lenick, Jr., Siltech LLC, et al.
- Words from Wiechers: Organized Chaos
2/11/2019, Tony O'Lenick and the late Johann W. Wiechers, Ph.D
- In the Thick of It
12/1/2019, Michelle Pudlo, E-Pak
- Words from Wiechers: One-way Communication
5/30/2019, Anthony J. O'Lenick, Jr., IFSCC Chair and Siltech LLC, and the late Johann W. Wiechers, Ph.D., Formulating for Efficacy software
- Green Isn't Enough: Social Progress is the Next Chapter for Naturals
6/27/2019, Giorgio Dell'Acqua, Dellacqua Consulting, Jersey City, New Jersey, U.S