Today's recurring blackouts and power shortage in California are a painful reminder that energy conservation is still important even in a wealthy nation like America. Two years after the world-wide oil crisis of 1974, I first presented the concept of Low-Energy Emulsification (LEE) at the Society of Cosmetic Chemists (SCC) meeting in New York. Since then, LEE has helped cosmetic manufacturers around the world process a wide range of emulsidfied skin- and hair-care products and color cosmetics, including facial creams, moisturizing lotions, hair conditioners and fluid makeups. LEE can also be used to process many non-emulsion products like shampoos and hair gels with considerable energy saving.
Low-Energy Emulsification: Beyond Energy Conversation
November 4, 2011
Fill out my online form.
Most Popular in Methods & Processes
- 1 "COSMETICS LAB" - The new cosmetics magazine made for scientists by scientists.
- 2Embracing Sustainability: Important Practices and Impact in Cosmetics
- 3Cosmetic Victories Finalist Profile: ColorForge
- 4Evonik's Biotech Breakthrough Successfully Mimics Human Collagen
- 5Formulating Water-in-Oil Emulsions: A Scary Endeavor
- 6Comparatively Speaking: Epilation vs. Depilation
- 7The Camera Never Lies: Visualizing Sun Protection Loss and Ways to Fortify Films
- 8Building Cosmetics to Boost Self-confidence: An Interdisciplinary Approach
- 9Free vs. Controlled Radical Polymerization
- 10Natural vs. Synthetic Antimicrobials and HDAC as an Indicator of Microflora Health
- In the Thick of It
12/1/2019, Michelle Pudlo, E-Pak
- Words from Wiechers: One-way Communication
5/30/2019, Anthony J. O'Lenick, Jr., IFSCC Chair and Siltech LLC, and the late Johann W. Wiechers, Ph.D., Formulating for Efficacy software
- Green Isn't Enough: Social Progress is the Next Chapter for Naturals
6/27/2019, Giorgio Dell'Acqua, Dellacqua Consulting, Jersey City, New Jersey, U.S
- Words from Wiechers: Indecent Proposal
2/13/2020, Tony O'Lenick and the late Johann W. Wiechers, Ph.D.
- Cosmetic Victories Finalist Profile: ColorForge
3/10/2020, Rachel Grabenhofer with John LaHood