In recent months, two important reviews have been included in dermatological literature and they are recommended reading for cosmetic chemists. The first of these deals with the research of skin moisturization. It has been known for about 50 years that water is required for skin softness and that the skin’s water content plays a significant role in its suppleness. Throughout the years, the term moisturization has crept slowly into cosmetic and dermatological literature, but its definition remains operational. Thus a moisturizer is a substance or a product that overcomes the signs and symptoms of dry skin.
The Latest in Skin Science: A Periodical Review
October 16, 2008
Fill out my online form.
Ethience Protect: the ultimate 3-levels protection to reinforce compromised skin barrier — Clariant International Ltd
Innovative prebiotic fiber with cross action activities – download studies data and request a sample — Jojoba Desert
Most Popular in Biology
- 1Pumpkin Seed Oil: A New Option for Female Pattern Hair Loss
- 2Shiseido Skin Visualizer Measures 'Beauty Circulation,' Ultimune Serum Supports It
- 3Words from Wiechers: Too Often, Too Hot and Too Long. . .
- 4Collagen and Keratin Composites Improve Cellular Affinity
- 5HCA-coated Nano Borate Glass Opens the Window to Wound Healing
- 6How Broccoli Puts a Halt to Hair Loss
- 7[podcast] Bakuchiol Anti-aging: Retinol Equal, Opposite Action
- 8Skin Rashes and Hair Loss: Biological Connections to COVID-19
- 9Baby Skin vs. Adult Skin Structure, Function and Composition
- 10Study Update: Sandalore Ingredient Reverses Hair Loss
- Autophagy‐activating Peptide Reduces Acne and Improves Barrier Function
3/15/2021, Michele Behrens
- Words from Wiechers: Too Often, Too Hot and Too Long. . .
9/7/2021, Tony O'Lenick, Nascent Technologies Corp., and the late Johann W. Wiechers, Ph.D.
- Antioxidant, Anti-inflammatory Effects of CBD Confirmed in Keratinocytes
5/13/2021, Rachel Grabenhofer
- Benzophenones, Parabens in Cosmetics Implicated in Endometriosis Risk
4/15/2021, Rachel Grabenhofer
- Spaceflight Shifts the Microbiome and Skin Condition
6/7/2021, Rachel Grabenhofer