Stem cells to reverse aging? Yes, according a paper in The Scientific Pages of Dermatology. And folates to reinforce skin's UV defense? Yes again, since diminished folate levels could impact the rate of DNA damage caused by UV exposure, as shown in a recent article from Cosmetics & Toiletries. If you missed this week's news, you missed out! Check out our video re-cap, also including:
- P&G inventors have found that lower-pH formulas may actually provide skin benefits while also enabling the use of a broader range of ingredients;
- The increasing demand for natural personal care is driving the consumption of carboxymethyl cellulose, a natural binding and stabilizing agent;
- Consumers are showing their pearly whites lots of love, according to a report from Grand View Research, which indicates growth for the oral care sector;
- Katerina Steventon reviewed SteamCream's namesake product formulated with traditional plant oils and butters;
- We showcased our “Supplier Roundtable” series, this time on: how to formulate care and protect hand creams;
- A new piece on blue light gave the opposing view to previous reports, this time in favor of its application to treat acne and other skin conditions; and
- The halal market was explored for its appeal to not only Muslim, but also mainstream consumers.