Happy November! This week's Cosmetics & Toiletries recap with Brooke Schleehauf, assistant editor, can prep you for the upcoming (and increasingly busy) month. Watch below for our insights on:
- Potential repercussions of Hawaii's sunscreen ban;
- The FDA's stand against lead in hair color;
- A patent that calls upon pumpkin, avocado and more to protect the skin lipid barrier;
- Covestro's biobased film former for sustainable hair care;
- A D5-free emulsifier from AB Specialty Silicones;
- BASF's gentle solution to biodegradable microbead alternatives; and
- Fall 2018's top cosmetic trends on social media.
Plus, our product pick (a "vanishing" dry conditioner) and exclusive C&T reader insight.