Did you know China is making moves to relax animal testing rules for cosmetics? And that your microbiome becomes imbalanced with age? Cosmetics & Toiletries reported on these and other headlines in cosmetics R&D this week. Here, Rachel Grabenhofer has your video recap, including:
- Tony O’Lenick's "Formulating by Numbers" example of what constitutes a “great” article;
- Our interview with Ezure Tomonobu, Ph.D., of Shiseido, on his work visualizing components within skin;
- Part II in our podcast series with Neal Bhatia, M.D., on the CeraVe brand and psoriasis relief;
- P&G's approach to products with a moisturized feel yet light aesthetics;
- The Fragrance Creators Association's success to exempt fragrance-related items from Trump tariffs;
- Symrise's portfolio of 200+ halal ingredients compliant with Islamic law;
- Unilever's cancelled plans to move headquarters to the Netherlands, and support of a global ban on animal testing for cosmetics;
- IFF opening two Chinese facilities; one focused on sustainable processes and the other on the botanical supply chain in China;
- The former AkzoNobel becoming Nouryon; and
- Lubrizol naming Essential Ingredients as its U.S. distributor.
Plus, our Product Pick of the week and C&T insight to support "faster beauty."