Formulations that align with consumer COVID-19 safety needs
As the global pandemic continues, formulators must consider how they can address relevant market needs related to safety and self-care. Now more than ever, consumers are looking for ingredients that will keep themselves and their families safe, while remaining effective. Formulations that will take the place of salon treatments and allow for pampering at home are another focal point. BASF has come up with 7 formulations with a combination of ingredients that allow consumers to prepare, protect and pamper themselves in the uncertain months to come.
1) Jammin’ Jelly Handwash: A way to make washing our hands fun for the whole family. This jelly texture allows for maximum goopy fun while scrubbing away dirt and bacteria. The formula contains 0.13% Benzalkonium Chloride and 65% alcohol.
2) Elemental Protection Moisturizer: As consumers look for protectionduring COVID-19, we developed this moisturizer as a step to take before leaving the house. The combination of ingredients helps protect against inflammation triggered by pollution and aging triggered by oxidative stress, in addition to providing moisturization while optimizing barrier function.
3) In-Between Care Moisturizing Gel Lotion: Is an on-the-go solution for washing hands. It featuresHydagen® Aquaporin & 65% ethanol alcohol–to help maintain skin’s moisture barrier and combat dryness from over washing. This gel lotion formula has a moisturizing after-feel and comes in a portable, no-touch pump.
4) Biome Barrier Boost Stick: Works to maintain a healthy skin barrier and reinforce the body’s immunity from unwanted aggressors. It helps protect against microbiome damage, while also providing lasting hydration. The anti-aging effects help fill and plump lines and wrinkles. The no-touch stick application is ideal for keeping the product clean and avoiding contamination.
5) Still Care Lipwear: Consumers feel the need to care for their lips, even while wearing masks. This protective, moisturizing and emollient unpigmented lip balm features an ingredient made from Moringa seed extract, which helps prevent adhesion of external aggressors such as particulate matter (PM2.5) and cigarette smoke, while simultaneously helping to purify skin.
Going to the salon to revitalize our hair has been yet another self-care activity challenged by the pandemic. We have developed a few hair and scalp ritual products that are relaxing, yet practical to get consumers through those difficult times.
1) Color Refreshing Crème Cleanser: Can be used once a week in between washes to refresh, detangle and condition, while protecting hair color.This Surfactant-free formulais plum-colored for darker brown and black hair but can easily be adapted for other hair colors.
2) Balance the Biome Mask: This conditioning scalp mask offers consumers a moment of pampering at home. The key active, Scalposine™, is a biomimetic amino-acid derivative naturally found in the skin. In clinical studies, it has been shown to help control sebum production, while replenishing beneficial strains of microbes on the scalp. Apply this conditioning mask to a clean scalp for 3-5 min and it will thank you for the extra moisture.
As we near the end of 2020 and the COVID-19 recovery timeline remains unclear, what’s certain is that beauty brands must formulate to address consumer safety and self-care needs during these stressful times.
For more information, please contact BASF Care Creations in North America.
The above paid-for content was produced by and posted on behalf of the Sponsor. Content provided is generated solely by the Sponsor or its affiliates, and it is the Sponsor’s responsibility for the accuracy, completeness and validity of all information included. Cosmetics & Toiletries takes steps to ensure that you will not confuse sponsored content with content produced by Cosmetics & Toiletries and governed by its editorial policy.