Applechem’s Applemol PTIS Plus (INCI: Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate (and) Polyhydroxystearic acid (and) Polglyceryl-3 Polyricinoleate) is a pigment wetting and dispersant emollient designed to resolve formulation troubles in color cosmetic manufacturing.
According to Applechem, Applemol PTIS Plus can prevent viscosity fluctuations, laborious grind phases and poor pigment wetting or incompatibility.
The standard in the dispersion process requires a wide mix of different wetting liquids and dispersant aids to aid compatibility and control viscosity. It also requires heating, multiple three-roll mill passes or extended homogenizing to break down particles.
Applemol PTIS Plus can be used as one ingredient for wetting and dispersing with universal pigment compatibility, and reducing grinding and mixing time, heating and energy usage.
Features and benefits of the active include:
- Universally compatible with all pigment types including organic, inorganic, coated, non-coated, effect pigments, even fillers.
- Increases texture and viscosity control, dispersing high pigment loads without viscosity spikes.
- Pigment wetting with more consistent color matching, reduce color shifting pre- and post-application, increase payoff and stability.
- Has a high emollient profile as it provides substantive, non-greasy, high shine, good lubricity and cushion, rich after-feel.
- Good oxidation, color and odor stability.
- Improves water resistance and reduces lipstick bleeding.
- A natural origin index of 0.917.
All pigment types have high compatibility with the ingredient. As previously mentioned, one of the major benefits of the PTIS Plus system is the wetting and dispersant combination that is compatible with organic, inorganic or mineral pigment types.