- The market is starting to grow outside the U.S., both locally and regionally. Different marketing components for these devices are gaining traction.
- While direct sales account for nearly 50% of the market, product distribution can vary greatly depending on the country the consumer is in.
- Online buzz. Created through social media, online reviews and digital campaigns, consumer education is a key component of this growth.
- Local brands multinational companies competing, especially in Asia. While multinational brands account for nearly 50% of total global sales, local marketers are seeing strong, sustainable growth.
- Devices for cleansing, hair removal and anti-aging lead the way because of the need for skin care solutions. These three areas bring in more than 80% of total market sales, causing the market for at-home beauty devices to flourish.
- Cleansing is the largest beauty segment and continues to grow as new cleansing devices are unveiled.
- Hair regrowth is the strongest growing beauty segment at 21% in 2015.New launches in Europe and the U.S. are propelling the segment, and Asia has potential to emerge because of minimal competition.
- The anti-aging segment is also growing strong in Asian markets, with multifunctional products made with new technology driving significant revenue.
- Celebrities brand ambassadors, particularly in Asia, attracts new consumers in droves.
- The launches of mini devices continue in the U.S and Europe and gain consumer attention because of their travel size advantage.
10 Reasons the Global At-Home Beauty Device Market is Growing
June 29, 2016
Fill out my online form.
Most Popular in University Data
- 1Red and White Wine Steeped in Anti-aging Potential
- 2Theobroma Cacao for Skin Care Emulgels, Microemulsions
- 3Microplastics Detected in Human Placenta: Industry Implications
- 4Hair Damage and Repair Literature: Sweet Potato Sochu and Red Clover
- 5Blue Light Ingredients and Research Intensify in Cosmetics R&D
- 6Skin Whitening and Hyperpigmentation: Literature Review
- 7Resveratrol Analogue and Equol Revive Menopausal Skin
- 8Anti-cellulite Literature: Microneedles, PGI2 Agonists and Prickly Ash
- 9Researchers Uncover Role of Exosome in Hair Growth
- 10Biodegradable Glitter May Be Threat to Freshwater: Report
- Beauty Accelerate Virtual: Blue Biotech and Beauty
9/29/2020, Rachel Grabenhofer
- Biodegradable Glitter May Be Threat to Freshwater: Report
10/30/2020, Michele Behrens
- Anti-cellulite Literature: Microneedles, PGI2 Agonists and Prickly Ash
11/19/2020, Rachel Grabenhofer
- Blue Light Ingredients and Research Intensify in Cosmetics R&D
1/6/2021, Rachel Grabenhofer
- Hair Damage and Repair Literature: Sweet Potato Sochu and Red Clover
1/12/2021, Rachel Grabenhofer