- The market is starting to grow outside the U.S., both locally and regionally. Different marketing components for these devices are gaining traction.
- While direct sales account for nearly 50% of the market, product distribution can vary greatly depending on the country the consumer is in.
- Online buzz. Created through social media, online reviews and digital campaigns, consumer education is a key component of this growth.
- Local brands multinational companies competing, especially in Asia. While multinational brands account for nearly 50% of total global sales, local marketers are seeing strong, sustainable growth.
- Devices for cleansing, hair removal and anti-aging lead the way because of the need for skin care solutions. These three areas bring in more than 80% of total market sales, causing the market for at-home beauty devices to flourish.
- Cleansing is the largest beauty segment and continues to grow as new cleansing devices are unveiled.
- Hair regrowth is the strongest growing beauty segment at 21% in 2015.New launches in Europe and the U.S. are propelling the segment, and Asia has potential to emerge because of minimal competition.
- The anti-aging segment is also growing strong in Asian markets, with multifunctional products made with new technology driving significant revenue.
- Celebrities brand ambassadors, particularly in Asia, attracts new consumers in droves.
- The launches of mini devices continue in the U.S and Europe and gain consumer attention because of their travel size advantage.
10 Reasons the Global At-Home Beauty Device Market is Growing
June 29, 2016
Fill out my online form.
Most Popular in University Data
- 1Skin Pigment Genetics is More Complex at the Equator
- 2Peach is for Pies and Anti-aging
- 3Maple Imparts Unbe-leaf-able Anti-aging Benefits
- 4A New Intersection: Could Anti-pollution Mean Anti-acne?
- 5Green Tea EGCG: Now with Moisture Benefits
- 6A 'Script' for Aging Skin?
- 7Nano-sized Barrier Repair Buzzing
- 8Eating Mushrooms Could Counteract Advanced Glycation End Products
- 910 Reasons the Global At-Home Beauty Device Market is Growing
- 10New Study Uncovers Itch vs. Pain Signaling