Lead is a toxic, non-essential element of mammalian nutrition. It is a suspected carcinogen and is noted for its genotoxicity, neurotoxicity, immunotoxicity and developmental toxicity in both males and females. It is a cumulative poison due to the absence of an effective mechanism of elimination from the organism. The overriding health concern is the effect lead exposure has on the cognitive and neurobehavioral development of infants and young children, as well as fetal exposure to maternal lead during gestation. Its compounds, natrually found throughout the environment, present constant exposure to humans, leading to accumulation of potentially toxic levels by absorption through all routes of entry.
Lead, Manganese and Mercury: Metals in Personal Care Products
April 1, 2009
Bioyouth™-EGT& Bioyouth™-EGT Pro -- The magic power from mushrooms [sample request] — Bloomage Biotechnology Corp. Ltd.
EquiScalp®, award-winner microbiota-friendly active ingredient for scalp soothing — Clariant International Ltd.
Most Popular in Biology
- 1Benzophenones, Parabens in Cosmetics Implicated in Endometriosis Risk
- 2Study Finds E. coli Could Produce Vegan Carmine
- 3Quality Culture: Eliminating Microbes in the Cosmetic Manufacturing Gemba* (Part I)
- 4Body Beauty: Insights into Non-facial Skin Aging
- 5Research Uncovers Fucoidan's Potential to Address Atopic Dermatitis
- 6A Look at Lipids: Profiles Across Ethnicity and Age, A Review*
- 7Shiseido Study Shines Light on Radiant, Youthful Skin Perception
- 8Two-year Study Reveals Microbiome Stands Strong in Healthy Skin
- 9Study Update: Sandalore Ingredient Reverses Hair Loss
- 1012 Beauty and Health Uses for CBD: Amway Reviews the Evidence
- Study Reveals Heavy Metal-induced Stress Dynamics in Skin
8/21/2020, Rachel Grabenhofer
- How the Circadian Cycle Regulates Skin Regeneration: A Review
12/4/2020, Rachel Grabenhofer
- [video] Cosmetics R&D Vlog: 'Hair-raising' Insights on Anti-aging
12/8/2020, Rachel Grabenhofer with Tomonobu Ezure, Ph.D., Shiseido
- Could Protein Folding Reshape Anti-aging Cosmetics?
2/22/2021, Karl Lintner, Ph.D., KAL’idées Beauty Ideas, Paris
- Packaging Surface Treatments for COVID-19 in Development
10/26/2020, Hannah Fink