Most Popular in Regulatory
- 1Unilever’s TRESemmé Shampoo Alleged to Cause Irritation, Hair Loss
- 2U.S. Federal Trade Commission Lays Down the Law on Deceptive CBD Claims
- 3FDA Adds 357 Voluntary Cosmetic Registrations in One Month
- 4EDQM Finds Allergenic Fragrances in ‘Perfume-Free’ Cosmetics
- 5FDA's Sanitizer Hotlist Cites Nevada Distributor, Calls Out Subpotency and Methanol
- 6FDA Issues Warning Letter for Eyebrow/Eyelash Growth Product Claims
- 7Endocrine Effects, Environmental Risk Feedback Sought for Dibutyl Phthalate, Bisphenols
- 8Regulating Risk: Fragrance Safety for the 21st Century
- 9Korean Cosmetic Regulations
- 10CIR Conclusion (continued): Parabens are Safe
Recent in Regulatory (page 7 of 40)
Feb 27, 2020 | Meredith Petillo, director of technical and regulatory affairs, Independent Cosmetic Manufacturers and Distributors (ICMAD)
What the brands and suppliers need to know.
Feb 27, 2020
Eurofins encourages consumers and formulators alike to monitor the environmental impact of cosmetic products. One way to achieve this is through an ecotoxicological test, which can pave the way for "green" products.
Feb 17, 2020
The Manhattan Federal court suit states various DevaCurl products have caused "scalp irritation, excessive shedding, hair loss, thinning, breakage and/or balding during normal use."
Feb 13, 2020
New York legislators are drawing the line on 1,4-dioxane use limits as soon as Dec. 31, 2022. In response, Colonial Chemicals has positioned its 1,4-dioxane-free ingredient offerings to help guide formulators.
Jan 31, 2020
Several major talcum powder marketers are being slapped with a new lawsuit alleging their products contain undisclosed dangerous substances. In relation, the U.S. FDA has called a public meeting, to be held on Feb. 4, 2020, regarding testing for asbestos in talc and talc-containing cosmetic products.
Jan 23, 2020
1,4-Dioxane is a manufacturing by-product of some surfactants and emulsifiers and has primarily been used as a solvent, as well as a stabilizer in industrial and commercial applications.
Jan 22, 2020
In response to part two of the FDA’s sunscreen ingredient maximal usage trial, published in January 2020 in JAMA, the (PCPC) and (CHPA) released a statement reassuring consumers of product safety.
Jan 16, 2020
Congresswoman Debbie Dingell and representatives of the EWG will pressure Congress to pass legislation protecting children from alleged asbestos-containing makeup. To this end, a press call will be held on Jan. 17, 2020, at 11:00 a.m. EST.
Jan 10, 2020
After complaints of chemical burn and allergic reactions, Yes To has recalled its Grapefruit Vitamin C Glow-Boosting Unicorn Paper Mask.
Jan 10, 2020
The European Chemicals Agency (ECHA) will extend its completeness check to include chemical safety reports to ensure all required elements are included in registration in April 2020.
Jan 7, 2020
FDA inspections revealed violations at multiple foreign manufacturers that supply acne pads and drugs to the company's distribution network.
Dec 18, 2019
CBD in cosmetics is a big mess, according to Victor Mencarelli, of the Hain Celestial Group. He and others tried to suss through it during the SCC Annual meeting this week in NYC.