For those who were in Paris for in-cosmetics, welcome back! It was a busy and engaging show, and according to the organizers, the best one to date. Official numbers will be released soon.
Now it's back to catching up on those emails…and this week’s news and insights. Here's Rachel Grabenhofer, with your Cosmetics & Toiletries video recap, including:
- China’s National Medical Products Administration accepting some non-animal test methods for cosmetic regulations;
- Jeen International Corp.'s ingredients marrying natural with synthetic efficacy;
- BASF's two BSB Innovation Prizes at in-cosmetics Global 2019
- The CIR's Bart Heldreth, Ph.D.'s, reponse to proposed FDA oversight of cosmetics;
- Tony O’Lenick's "Comparatively Speaking" on patents, exclusive right and the public’s obligation to advance science;
- Perfumer & Flavorist's interview with Florian Garlichs, leader of BASF’s Virtual Innovation Ecosystem;
- Àuria Cosmetics' initiative to bring opportunities to adults with intellectual disabilities;
- Our latest sensory-focused podcast, sponsored by Berjé, featuring Charles Spence, Ph.D., on creating chemically and psychologically complex products;
- A growing trend in lip products—lip powder; and
- A sad goodbye to industry great Joe Pavlichko.
Plus, our Product Pick of the week Cosmetics & Toiletries reader insight. Watch now: