Consumers are not shy about what they would like in their personal care.
In today's beauty industry, many consumers are calling for their products to be clean, inclusive and cruelty-free—opening the door for product developers to be creative with their ingredient possibilities, demographics, R&D and more.
How can you incorporate consumer voices?
- Balance demands for naturals and alternative preservatives by considering the stability, toxicology and pH restrictions of natural preservatives, including honeysuckle, hops extracts and magnolia stem bark extract.
- For consumers looking to reduce their plastic usage, look into replacing microplastics with sustainable options such as cellulose or wax-based ingredients.
- Consider various demographics when developing products, including men’s care and cosmetics.
- Leverage consumer interest in wellness and sustainability when choosing ingredients for clean beauty formulations.
- When considering cruelty-free options, check local animal-testing regulations and safety parameters.
Two roundtable sessions at Beauty Accelerate will focus on meeting consumer demands such as these on October 15, 2019, at Metropolitan West in New York.
Roundtable: (Re)Formulating Around Consumer Demands—Hosted by Prithwiraj Maitra, Ph.D., Allergan, Skinmedica
Roundtable: Meeting Consumer Product Expectations, A Checklist—Hosted by Birnur Aral, Ph.D., Good Housekeeping Institute
The 2019 Beauty Accelerate Pre-show Program is now LIVE! Check out what is inside here.
What is Beauty Accelerate?
Beauty Accelerate pairs a cosmetic product development conference with a series of expert-led, intimate roundtable discussions. Add to this a boutique-style showcase of cutting-edge product concepts, and Beauty Accelerate will inspire brands and make connections that fuel creative excellence.
Presented by Global Cosmetic Industry and Cosmetics & Toiletries magazines, Beauty Accelerate will take place October 15 at Metropolitan West in New York City, NY, U.S.