When a complete discussion of the surfactants (SURFace ACTive AgeNTS) used in shampoos would and should be the subject of several texts, a magazine article can at least present a brief outline of the major classes of shampoo surfactants along with a discusssion of their structure function relationships.
Shampoo Surfactants: The Anionics
November 4, 2011
Fill out my online form.
Water Reduction: Achieve more with Taurates while using less water. — Innospec Performance Chemicals
Most Popular in Surfactant/Emulsifier
- 1Comparatively Speaking: Sulfate vs. Sulfonate
- 28 Surfactants Added to EPA’s ‘Safer Chemical Ingredients’ List
- 3Sodium Laurylglucosides Hydroxypropyl Sulfonate for Sulfate-free Formulations
- 4Water Reduction: Achieve more with Taurates while using less water.
- 5Examining Tomorrow’s Surfactant Personalities: Alpha Olefin Sulfonate in Personal Care
- 6Surfactant vs. Silicone Surfactant
- 7Ingredient Profile: Decyl Glucoside
- 8NaCl vs. SLS Solutions
- 9Read the Label: CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser
- 10Coconut-derived Surfactant for Natural Formulations
- The Mild Cleanser: Room to Improve, Part II
6/21/2019, Nicola Lionetti, ISPE S.r.l., Milan
- 8 Surfactants Added to EPA’s ‘Safer Chemical Ingredients’ List
5/14/2020, Michele Behrens
- Pureact 138 from Innospec Inc.
11/13/2019, Rachel Grabenhofer
- Water-saving Grace: Glutamate and Alaninate Surfactants to Reduce Rinsing
1/30/2020, Evelyn Su, Ph.D., Ping Gong, Ph.D., Ting Wang, Jing Sha, Huiyu Wang and Jun Wu, Ph.D., Sino Lion USA, Florham Park, NJ USA
- Read the Label: CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser
9/19/2019, Katerina Steventon, Ph.D., FaceWorkshops LLC