X-Ingredients is Labo Suisse's answer to customizable skin care. It allows users to select actives that target specific skin challenges and mix them with a dermocosmetic base cream at the point of use.
It is well-known there is growing demand for simple but effective personalized solutions to address specific skin problems. The X-Ingredients system is designed to enable users to achieve this.
This treatment provides consumers with a bottle of base cream, separate vials of active blends, a small dish and spatula for mixing, and clear instructions for selecting and using the actives. The number of drops to be used is defined on the basis of the main and adjuvant functions, and the actives have been specifically conceived to mix together and with the base.
The concentrated active blends include 10 "strong" options and five "extra help" options for auxiliary skin care actions. These include:
- Strong option 1: Winkles and Microrelief, including seven growth factors;
- Strong option 2: Deep Wrinkles and Furrows, including three collagens and a decontracting peptide;
- Strong option 3: Skin Slackening, including two elastins and a densifying peptide;
- Strong option 4: Mature Skin, Anti-aging, including omega 3, 6 and 9;
- Strong option 5: Dull Skin, including vitamin C and a lightening peptide;
- Strong option 6: Dark Spots, including kojic acid and glycolic acid;
- Strong option 7: Irritated Skin with Blotches, including panthenol and bisabolol;
- Strong option 8: Dry, Parched Skin, including B-group vitamins;
- Strong option 9: Sebum and Dilated Pores, including vitamin H (biotin) and azelaic acid;
- Strong option 10: Eye Bags and Dark Circles, with centella and hesperidin;
- Extra help Plumping Effect, including seven hyaluronic acids;
- Extra help Skin Structuring Effect, including 20 amino acids;
- Extra help Skin Renovating Effect, including vitamin A;
- Extra help Anti-Oxidant Detoxifying Effect, including vitamin E and resveratrol; and
- Extra help Skin Remineralizing Effect, including six minerals.
The ingredients can be combined in various ways but generally, users first choose the main skin problem, then the additional or related skin conditions. Up to three X-Ingredients among the "strong" and "extra help" ingredients can be combined together.
See related: Personalized Cosmetics, Has the Time Come?
The base is chosen for its desired texture, i.e., rich, light, oil-free, eye and lip contour. Before application, users blend the base using the small dish and spatula provided with the specified number of drops of the X-Ingredients. This number is given per the product instructions and will vary depending on the number of chosen ingredient blends.
For example, when combining the maximum three X-Ingredients, the recommended number of drops from each bottle is two, for a total of six drops. The resulting custom blend can be used once or twice daliy for a one-month treatment.
Ingredients: Base R (Rich Emulsion): Water (Aqua), Diisopropyl Dimer Dilinoleate, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Isostearyl Isostearate, Triticum Vulgare Germ Oil, Coco-Caprylate, Coconut Alkanes, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter, Betaine, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Parfum, Sodium Lauroyl Glutamate, Stearic Acid, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil, Rosa Moschata Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Phenoxyethanol, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Caprylyl Glycol, Xanthan Gum, Triethanolamine, Disodium EDTA, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Pentylene Glycol, Buteth-3, Sodium Benzotriazolyl Butylphenol Sulfonate, Ethanol, Decylene Glycol, Tris(Tetramethylhydroxypiperidinol) Citrate, Tocopherol, Tributyl Citrate.
Ingredients: Irritated Skin with Blotches (strong option 7): Water (Aqua), Bisabolol, Panthenol, Polysorbate 20, Caprylyl Glycol, Carbomer, 1,2-Hexanediol, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tropolone, Sodium Hydroxide, Pentylene Glycol, Decylene Glycol.
Ingredients: Extra Help Skin Structuring Effect (with 20 amino acids): Water (Aqua), Sodium PCA, Chondrus Crispus Extract, Arginine, Aspartic Acid, Xanthan Gum, PCA, Sodium Hydroxide, Tetrasodium EDTA, Glycine, Alanine, Serine, Valine, Tropolone, Isoleucine, Proline, Threonine, 1,2-Hexanediol, Acetyl Cysteine, Glutamic Acid, Glutamine, Leucine, Lysine HCl, Methionine, Taurine, Tryptophan, Tyrosine, Histidine, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Lactate, Phenylalanine, Pentylene Glycol, Decylene Glycol.
Source: LaboSuisse website