Skin and Skin Care
Norlen et al. describe a new computer-based evaporimeter system for rapid and precise measurements of water diffusion through the stratum corneum (SC). When information such as barrier-perturbing effects of different agents and occlusive effects of different formulation must be elucidated, it is very important to have reliable methods for evaluating skin barrier function. One of the simplest and most direct ways to evaluate barrier function is by measuring in sensible perpiration in vivo using the evaporimeter technique.
June 26, 2009
Givaudan unveils Sensityl™, a sustainable concentrate of marine biotechnology for cosmetics that also influences consumers’ mood
Most Popular in Patents
- 1Patent Pick: Putting Corynebacterium to Work for Skin Care
- 2Patent Inventor vs. Assignee
- 3Words from Wiechers: A 'License to Kill'
- 4Comparatively Speaking: Disruptive Innovation vs. Sustaining Innovation
- 5Comparatively Speaking: Issued Patent vs. Patent Applications
- 6Patent Pick: A Facial Device to Melt Your Heart—and Sebum
- 7A Review of Novel Cleansing and Conditioning Systems
- 8Patent Pick: Fresh as a Winter Savory Armpit?
- 9Literature Review: Color Perception, Pigmentation and Optics
- 10Patent Pick: Lips Sealed with Improved Occlusion
Skin and Skin Care
- Comparatively Speaking: Patents, Exclusive Right and Public Development
3/28/2019, Anthony J. O'Lenick, Jr., IFSCC Education Chair and Siltech, LLC
- Words from Wiechers: A 'License to Kill'
6/17/2019, Anthony J. O'Lenick, Jr., IFSCC Chair and Siltech LLC, and the late Johann W. Wiechers, Ph.D., Formulating for Efficacy software
- Patent Pick: Orchid Extract Maintains ECM Integrity
11/15/2018, Rachel Grabenhofer
- Patent Pick: Chocolate-dipped Answer to Aging
2/13/2019, Rachel Grabenhofer
- Patent Pick: Pumpkin, Shea and More for Elegant Occlusion and Care
10/30/2018, Rachel Grabenhofer