At the upcoming in-cosmetics North America, cosmetics companies are being challenged to create an entirely new personal care product in just 90 minutes during the Formulation Challenge.
Held on October 11 from 3:45 pm to 5:30 pm, the competition is designed to test competitors' knowledge of chemistry, creativity and their ability to work under pressure.
- Teams are made up of four R&D professionals and two marketers
- Each team will receive an information sheet at the beginning of competition and a box of mystery ingredients provided by some of the companies exhibiting at the event
- Teams are only allowed to use the provided ingredients during competition and must develop both a formula and an accompanying marketing campaign
- The challenge will be judged by Mintel and the Institute of Personal Care Science
- Prizes include the Formulation Challenge trophy and media coverage at the event's award ceremony
Belinda Carli, director of the Institute of Personal Care Science and one of the Formulation Challenge judges, said, “The time limit for the Challenge will require the teams to work quickly and decisively. We expect to see the contestants lean on their extensive experience and knowledge of everything from chemistry to business in their attempts to prove they are the best of the best. There are some new and different ingredients in this challenge so it will push some of the formulators out of their comfort zone. It will also inspire some innovative and interesting marketing stories as there aren’t many ‘standard’ materials in this challenge.”
For more information about the challenge, please visit: www.morthamerica.in-cosmetics.com/Challenge