The ability to break down barriers may be the single most defining trait in the make up of an innovator. In an era that suppressed women--particularly black women--and women-owned businesses were an anomaly, icon Madam C.J. Walker jump-started the ethnic hair industry and forged a beauty empire that lasted through the mid-1980s.
Walker Pioneered in Ethnic Hair Care, Women in Cosmetics
July 26, 2013
Fill out my online form.
In Powder Weighing, personal safety and pinpoint accuracy are vital for successful formulation. Download a complimentary White Paper today to learn more. — Erlab
Most Popular in People News
- 1Congratulations to the 2020 National SCC Officers and Directors
- 2Draelos on Women in Cosmetic Science and Winning the Florence Wall Award
- 3Ones to Watch: Aimee Nottingham
- 4Ones to Watch: John Jiménez
- 5In Remembrance: Corinne Jembrzycki, Chimpiramma 'Chim' Potini
- 6Akott Welcomes Mohamed Essawi to Expand Business
- 7Ones to Watch: Shuting Hu, Ph.D.
- 8Estée Lauder Adds SVP, Global Supply Chain Manufacturing
- 9Inolex Expands Global Sales Force in Key Regions
- 10MAC Names Senior VP, General Manager
- Ones to Watch: Margaret Gorz
11/15/2018, Margaret Gorz
- Ones to Watch: Keiko Nagami
1/19/2019, Keiko Nagami, Milbon Co., Ltd.
- Ones to Watch: Mauricio Guzmán Alonso, Belcorp Colombia
7/8/2019, Mauricio Guzmán Alonso, Belcorp Colombia
- Ones to Watch: Aimee Nottingham
8/20/2019, Aimee Nottingham, Bulldog Skincare
- Solvay EVP to be Honored as Sustainability Leader by The Chemists' Club
11/1/2018, Eden Stuart