This week's cosmetic R&D news covered a lot of ground, from in-cosmetics Global launches to repercussions regarding sourcing controversy. Catch up with Cosmetics & Toiletries assistant editor, Brooke Schleehauf, for our take on:
- Encapsulated cannabis that fights inflammaging;
- Anti-aging benefits sparked by the skin’s olfactory and taste receptors;
- A brightening active specifically for olive skin types;
- Fermented honey to stabilize the skin microbiome;
- How the soothing claims of a Bioderma product compare to its ingredient list;
- A patent detailing chocolate's antioxidative benefits for photo-aged skin;
- Millennials' interest in natural fragrances;
- Personalized skin care based on epigenetic testing;
- e.l.f. Beauty's reparations after sourcing materials from North Korea; and
- An overnight mask that plumps and brightens with superfruit ingredients.
Plus, exclusive Cosmetics & Toiletries reader insight. Watch below!