Due to a new policy in May that levied the industrial IPI tax—Imposto sobre Produtos Industrializados, which is Portuguese for Tax on Industrialized Products—on cosmetics wholesalers and producers, the cost of cosmetics is expected to increase 20% or more, according to a Reuters report. The tax will likely stoke inflation and weigh heavily on the world's No. 3 beauty market.
Tax Spike in Brazil Weighing Heavily on Cosmetics Market
July 20, 2015
Fill out my online form.
Most Popular in Regions
- 1Editor’s Note: Anti-aging About-face
- 2Time Spent in Front of the Mirror [infographic]
- 3[video] Top 10 Trends from the Korean Beauty 'Underground'
- 4Kline Offers Insights on Booming Personal Care Ingredients Market
- 5Puff, Puff, Forecast: Nielsen, Headset Team Up for Cannabis Insights
- 6Beauty Industry Growth: Mature Markets Offer Safer Investments
- 7The Russian Beauty Market by the Numbers
- 8How Beauty Brands Are Growing in China
- 9Will J-beauty Overtake K-beauty in 2018?
- 10Riding the K-Wave
- Puff, Puff, Forecast: Nielsen, Headset Team Up for Cannabis Insights
3/8/2019, Eden Stuart
- The Russian Beauty Market by the Numbers
10/31/2018, Audrey Latimer
- Kline Offers Insights on Booming Personal Care Ingredients Market
4/1/2019, Eden Stuart
- Plant-based Ingredients Catapult Australian Beauty
12/21/2018, Audrey Latimer
- Cosmeceuticals a Hit with Chinese Consumers
6/15/2018, Eden Stuart