Due to a new policy in May that levied the industrial IPI tax—Imposto sobre Produtos Industrializados, which is Portuguese for Tax on Industrialized Products—on cosmetics wholesalers and producers, the cost of cosmetics is expected to increase 20% or more, according to a Reuters report. The tax will likely stoke inflation and weigh heavily on the world's No. 3 beauty market.
Tax Spike in Brazil Weighing Heavily on Cosmetics Market
July 20, 2015
Fill out my online form.
Most Popular in Regions
- 1Time Spent in Front of the Mirror [infographic]
- 2Puff, Puff, Forecast: Nielsen, Headset Team Up for Cannabis Insights
- 3[video] Top 10 Trends from the Korean Beauty 'Underground'
- 4Plant-based Ingredients Catapult Australian Beauty
- 5Beauty Industry Growth: Mature Markets Offer Safer Investments
- 6How Beauty Brands Are Growing in China
- 7The Russian Beauty Market by the Numbers
- 8China Cosmetics Market 2015
- 9Will J-beauty Overtake K-beauty in 2018?
- 10Air Cushion Makeup Trending in Korea
- Puff, Puff, Forecast: Nielsen, Headset Team Up for Cannabis Insights
3/8/2019, Eden Stuart
- The Russian Beauty Market by the Numbers
10/31/2018, Audrey Latimer
- Plant-based Ingredients Catapult Australian Beauty
12/21/2018, Audrey Latimer
- Cosmeceuticals a Hit with Chinese Consumers
6/15/2018, Eden Stuart