Due to a new policy in May that levied the industrial IPI tax—Imposto sobre Produtos Industrializados, which is Portuguese for Tax on Industrialized Products—on cosmetics wholesalers and producers, the cost of cosmetics is expected to increase 20% or more, according to a Reuters report. The tax will likely stoke inflation and weigh heavily on the world's No. 3 beauty market.
Tax Spike in Brazil Weighing Heavily on Cosmetics Market
July 20, 2015
Fill out my online form.
Most Popular in Regions
- 1Plant-based Ingredients Catapult Australian Beauty
- 2Time Spent in Front of the Mirror [infographic]
- 3[video] Top 10 Trends from the Korean Beauty 'Underground'
- 4Will J-beauty Overtake K-beauty in 2018?
- 5Cosmeceuticals a Hit with Chinese Consumers
- 6Beauty Industry Growth: Mature Markets Offer Safer Investments
- 7The Russian Beauty Market by the Numbers
- 8Kline Identifies Seven Up-and-Coming Markets in Professional Skin Care
- 9How Beauty Brands Are Growing in China
- 10Skin Care 2015: Asian-led Innovation, Oils, Niche Brands and Segments
- Will J-beauty Overtake K-beauty in 2018?
1/31/2018, Audrey Latimer
- The Russian Beauty Market by the Numbers
10/31/2018, Audrey Latimer
- Plant-based Ingredients Catapult Australian Beauty
12/21/2018, Audrey Latimer
- Cosmeceuticals a Hit with Chinese Consumers
6/15/2018, Eden Stuart