Due to a new policy in May that levied the industrial IPI tax—Imposto sobre Produtos Industrializados, which is Portuguese for Tax on Industrialized Products—on cosmetics wholesalers and producers, the cost of cosmetics is expected to increase 20% or more, according to a Reuters report. The tax will likely stoke inflation and weigh heavily on the world's No. 3 beauty market.
Tax Spike in Brazil Weighing Heavily on Cosmetics Market
July 20, 2015
Fill out my online form.
Preserving Nature - sensiva® PA 40 is the Effective Choice to Protect Natural Emulsions – schülke, inc.
Most Popular in Regions
- 1The Russian Beauty Market by the Numbers
- 2Time Spent in Front of the Mirror [infographic]
- 3[video] Top 10 Trends from the Korean Beauty 'Underground'
- 4China Cosmetics Market 2015
- 5Will J-beauty Overtake K-beauty in 2018?
- 6What's Driving Asia Pacific's Cosmetics Boom?
- 7K-innovation Bubbles Up in New Categories
- 8Kline Identifies Seven Up-and-Coming Markets in Professional Skin Care
- 9Beauty Industry Growth: Mature Markets Offer Safer Investments
- 10Cosmeceuticals a Hit with Chinese Consumers