Throughout the 1990s, diemthicone copolyol (DMC) surfactants and their derivatives have been an important and growing class of surface active agents. These materials are used in such diverse applications as cosmetics, textiles, coatings, lubricants and detergents, among others, due to their ability to provide maximum surfact active properties in a cost-effective manner.1-3 Despite the growing use of these silicone-based compounds, the basic understanding of the effect of their structure on surfactant properties remains limited, relative to the information openly available for organic surfactants.
PEG/PPG Dimethicone: A New Name for an Old Friend
November 4, 2011
Fill out my online form.
Restore Natural Skin flora with Rice-derived Lactic Acid Bacteria Powder — Ichimaru Pharcos Co. Ltd.
Lubrizol Life Science Beauty presents its first active ingredient for Hair Care — Lubrizol Life Science Beauty
Most Popular in Surfactant/Emulsifier
- 1Comparatively Speaking: Sulfate vs. Sulfonate
- 28 Surfactants Added to EPA’s ‘Safer Chemical Ingredients’ List
- 3Sodium Laurylglucosides Hydroxypropyl Sulfonate for Sulfate-free Formulations
- 4Water Reduction: Achieve more with Taurates while using less water.
- 5Examining Tomorrow’s Surfactant Personalities: Alpha Olefin Sulfonate in Personal Care
- 6Surfactant vs. Silicone Surfactant
- 7NaCl vs. SLS Solutions
- 8Ingredient Profile: Decyl Glucoside
- 9Profile of Sodium Lauroamphoacetate
- 10Coconut-derived Surfactant for Natural Formulations
- The Mild Cleanser: Room to Improve, Part II
6/21/2019, Nicola Lionetti, ISPE S.r.l., Milan
- 8 Surfactants Added to EPA’s ‘Safer Chemical Ingredients’ List
5/14/2020, Michele Behrens
- Pureact 138 from Innospec Inc.
11/13/2019, Rachel Grabenhofer
- [video] Natural, Sustainable Surfactant
6/5/2019, Shoab Arif, Pilot Chemical Company
- Water-saving Grace: Glutamate and Alaninate Surfactants to Reduce Rinsing
1/30/2020, Evelyn Su, Ph.D., Ping Gong, Ph.D., Ting Wang, Jing Sha, Huiyu Wang and Jun Wu, Ph.D., Sino Lion USA, Florham Park, NJ USA