Gemini surfactants, surfactants with two hydrophilic grouops and two (or sometimes three) hydrophobic groups in the molecules, continue to interest both academic and industrial chemists, as evidenced by the numerous recent articles published on their properties and the dozens of patents issues on their applications.1, 2 Research continues to uncover new and unique properties of these materials, generating new interest.
Recent Development in Gemini Surfactants
November 4, 2011
Fill out my online form.
ISOPENTYLDIOL:The Multi-Functional Ingredient for all formulations & all formulators — Kuraray America
Water Reduction: Achieve more with Taurates while using less water. — Innospec Performance Chemicals
Most Popular in Surfactant/Emulsifier
- 1Comparatively Speaking: Sulfate vs. Sulfonate
- 28 Surfactants Added to EPA’s ‘Safer Chemical Ingredients’ List
- 3Sodium Laurylglucosides Hydroxypropyl Sulfonate for Sulfate-free Formulations
- 4Water Reduction: Achieve more with Taurates while using less water.
- 5Examining Tomorrow’s Surfactant Personalities: Alpha Olefin Sulfonate in Personal Care
- 6Surfactant vs. Silicone Surfactant
- 7Ingredient Profile: Decyl Glucoside
- 8NaCl vs. SLS Solutions
- 9Read the Label: CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser
- 10Coconut-derived Surfactant for Natural Formulations
- The Mild Cleanser: Room to Improve, Part II
6/21/2019, Nicola Lionetti, ISPE S.r.l., Milan
- 8 Surfactants Added to EPA’s ‘Safer Chemical Ingredients’ List
5/14/2020, Michele Behrens
- Pureact 138 from Innospec Inc.
11/13/2019, Rachel Grabenhofer
- Water-saving Grace: Glutamate and Alaninate Surfactants to Reduce Rinsing
1/30/2020, Evelyn Su, Ph.D., Ping Gong, Ph.D., Ting Wang, Jing Sha, Huiyu Wang and Jun Wu, Ph.D., Sino Lion USA, Florham Park, NJ USA
- Read the Label: CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser
9/19/2019, Katerina Steventon, Ph.D., FaceWorkshops LLC