Amine oxides ahve been well-known to surfactant chemists for decades. In the mid-1960s, I was just getting started in theis industry as a technician working for Lever Brothers in scenic Edgewater, New Jersey. Around this time, Lever Brothers launched a unique, two-phase shampoo, "Twice as Nice," which used amine oxides as a multifunctional material-a conditioning agent, cleanser, couple, clarifier and emulsifier.
Amine Oxides: A Most Versatile and Underutilized Material
July 23, 2009
Fill out my online form.
Fragrance Allergen Calibration Mixes - Download FREE Technical Article — Sigma-Aldrich/MilliporeSigma
Most Popular in Conditioner/Moisturizer
- 1Comparatively Speaking: Dimethicone vs. Simethicone
- 2Glycerin and Hydroxyethyl Urea: Comparing Two Skin Moisturizers
- 3Polyglutamic Acid: A Novel Peptide for Skin Care
- 4Using Proteins to Impart Conditioning Benefits to Hair
- 5Evidence for Moisturizer Efficacy
- 6Conditioning Agents for Hair Formulations
- 7Profile of Polyquaternium-7
- 8Anti-aging Arjun Tree Extract
- 9Quaternium-91: A New Multifunctional Hair Conditioning Ingredient
- 10Profile of Polyquaternium-6