AB Specialty Silicones has a solution for formulators looking for alternative dimethiconol gum blends; the supplier launched a line of vinyl gum blends to take the place of silicone ingredients that may be tricky to track down in today’s marketplace.
The new blends function similarly to their dimethiconol gum blend counterparts, but with varying INCI names. Together, they offer cushion, film-forming, anti-frizz, conditioning and other benefits for skin and hair care applications.
The line’s ingredients comprise:
- Andisil SF 1405V (INCI: Cyclotetrasiloxane (and) Bis-vinyl Dimethicone)
- Andisil SF 1505V (INCI: Cyclopentasiloxane (and) Bis-vinyl Dimethicone)—provides emolliency in lotions and serums, along with water resistance in sun care. It can also improve spreadability and wet combing in hair applications.
- Andisil SF 1605V (INCI: Cyclohexasiloxane (and) Bis-vinyl Dimethicone)—creates a velvety feel in lotions and serums where cyclics are available in skin care, and acts as a cyclic carrier in hair care applications that avoid D4 and D5.
- Andisil SF 2205V (INCI: Dimethicone (and) Bis-vinyl Dimethicone)—recommended for smooth application and film-forming in creams, lotions and serums, along with acting as a linear carrier in leave-in hair treatments.
- Andisil SF 2305V (INCI: Dimethicone (and) Bis-vinyl Dimethicone)—can improve texture and water resistance in sun care applications and acts as a linear carrier for moisturizing hair treatments.
- Andisil SF 2505V (INCI: Dimethicone (and) Bis-vinyl Dimethicone)—for use in creams where a heavier texture and longer-lasting film forming is needed. It also acts as a linear carrier for rinse-off hair care applications.
- Andisil SF 3005V (INCI: Dimethicone (and) C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate (and) Bis-vinyl Dimethicone)—allows for a longer play time for both skin and hair applications.
Recommended applications include cleansers, creams, color cosmetics, lotions, serums, sun care, shampoo, leave-in conditioner and styling treatments. Percentage of both gum and carrier fluid can be customized to meet formulation needs.
The blends were launched at in-cosmetics North America, held in New York from Oct. 17-18, 2018.