Ukranian Market Sees Cosmetics Growth


The Ukrainian cosmetics and perfumery market gained 18% in 2006 to reach US$1.8 billion, according to a report by Cosmetics in Russia. According to the report, nearly 92% of the cosmetics and perfume sold in the Ukrainian market is imported good, leaving only 8% manufactured within the market. 

Sales in the Ukranian market are expected to reach nearly US$2.7 billion by the end of 2007, according to sources. The Ukrainian market reportedly is the third largest personal care market of Eastern Europe, following Russia and Poland respectively. Massmarket products make up 60% of the total cosmetics sales, while middle market takes 30% and the premium segment has 10% of the total value.

More in Skin Care