JB Skrub is a new direct-to-consumer line of pH-balanced skin, body and hair care products designed for tween boys from former Conde Nast executive (and parent) Jill Biren and actress, producer and director (and parent) Julie Bowen.
(The U.S. Census Bureau estimates that of the 43,012,450 youth age 10-19 in the United States (comprising 13% of the total U.S. population), 51% are male.)
The JB Skrub range eschews hyper-masculine packaging in favor of bright colors and features reusable packs comprising 25%-30% PCR.
All formulations, available from the brand's website, are U.S.-manufactured, cruelty-free and vegan.
- The Body Spray, an odor-neutralizing and hydrating formulation, features anti-inflammatory chia seed, hydrating omega 3 and 6 fatty acids, abtioxidant and antibacterial willowherb, and odor-trapping zinc ricinoleate.
- The pH-balanced (5.00-6.00) The Body Wash features soothing and moisturizing aloe vera, chia seed, omega 3 and 6 fatty acids, antioxidant and barrier-protecting green tea, and willowherb.
- The Face Lotion features aloe vera, willowherb, hydrating and sebum-balancing niacinamide, an antiseptic and anti-inflammatory complex of andiroba, copaiba and acai oil, shine-controlling and pore-optimizing rosehip fruit extract, and hydrating and blue light-counteracting Chlorella vulgaris algae extract.
- The Face Pads Gets remove oil and dirt and feature aloe vera, chia seed, omega 3 and 6 fatty acids, willowherb, sebum-regulating succinic acid, and a complex of andiroba, copaiba and acai oils, rosehip fruit extract.
- The prebiotic, pH-balanced The Face Wash features aloe vera, chia seed, omega 3 and 6 fatty acids, green tea, willowherb, niacinamide, succinic acid, a complex of andiroba, copaiba and acai oils, and rosehip fruit oil.