Evonik showcased its latest ingredients at in-cos Global in Barcelona, showing a focus on biotechnology and emphasizing the use of renewable resources and sustainable processes.
The company displayed its biosurfactants and applications in skin and hair care alongside its expanding active ingredient ranges.
Evonik’s highlighted ingredients at the show included:
- Skinmimics PRO MB (INCI: Ceramide EOP (and) Ceramide NP (and) Ceramide AP (and) Behenic Acid (and) Polyglyceryl-10 Stearate (and) Polyglyceryl-6 Behenate (and) Glycerin (and) Lactic Acid) — A system for healthy aging that is a combination of different ceramides.
- Sphinox Immulance (INCI: Ceramide NP) — A new ceramide to the market that protects the skin by balancing the skin’s immune barrier.
- Rheance One (INCI: Glycolipids) — Intended for cleansing, solubilizing and foaming additive for gentle personal cleansing formulations, this ingredient provides sensory benefits with a dense and creamy foam that rinses easily from skin.
- Sophance LA-A (INCI: Glycolipids (and) Sodium Lactate) — A mild acidic-rich sophorolipid that offers high cleansing performance for personal hygiene applications.
- TEGO Filmstar One MB (INCI: Not Provided) — A naturally sourced, biodegradable film former that supports various cosmetic formulations that require water resistance and UV protection.
- Varisoft EQ 90 (INCI: Dioleoylethyl Hydroxyethylmonium Methosulfatebiodegradable esterquat) — This ingredient offers formulators of hair conditioning products a cost-efficient, eco-friendly conditioning agent.
Yann d'Hervé, head of Evonik's care solutions business line, commented: "When we innovate, we always put the customer at the center."