Strong, Smooth, and Defined Hair with 100% Natural Amino Lipid Technology--Download Formulations! — INOLEX
In Powder Weighing, personal safety and pinpoint accuracy are vital for successful formulation. Download a complimentary White Paper today to learn more. — Erlab
Most Popular in Testing
- 1Back to Basics, Part III: Testing for Preservation and Stability
- 2Hallstar’s Sunscreen Testing Platform is More Science than Art
- 3The Big Reveal: UV Imaging Uncovers Sun Protection, Skin Dryness and Microbiome
- 4Fragrance Allergen Calibration Mixes - Download FREE Technical Article
- 5Blue Light Device Reveals Skin Whitening and Anti-dark Circles Efficacy
- 6Aubergine Mutes TRPV1 and Boosts TRPV-3 and -4 to Reinforce and Comfort Skin
- 7Solving Sensitivity: In vitro Assays for Sensitive Skin
- 8BASF and CTIBiotech Bioprint 3D Skin with Macrophages
- 9Getting the Breakdown: Testing the Biodegradation and Styling Performance of Polyurethane Film Formers
- 10 In Powder Weighing, personal safety and pinpoint accuracy are vital for successful formulation. Download a complimentary White Paper today to learn more.
Recent in Testing (page 33 of 33)
Mar 12, 2012
The US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and global cosmetic manufacturer L’Oréal announced a research collaboration to develop animal-alternative toxicity tests to ensure product safety.
Mar 1, 2012 | Marc Pissavini, PhD, Adeline Baud, Stéphanie Marguerie, Karine Desseille and Olivier Doucet, PhD, Coty-Lancaster
The present article describes a reproducible method for determining the photostability of sunscreen products. This method is based in part on the in vitro determination of the UVA protection factor as proposed by Colipa for the irradiation aspect, and on the spectroscopy of a sunscreen in dilute solution for the absorbance measurement aspect.
Feb 20, 2012
The Interagency Coordinating Committee on the Validation of Alternative Methods (ICCVAM) has recommended a non-animal test method to identify estrogen agonist and antagonist activity. In addition to recommending the test, ICCVAM also found the method to provide a number of benefits over the method currently employed in the United States.
Jan 5, 2012 | Timothy Gao, PhD; Peter Landa; Regan Tillou; and Kevin Gallagher, Croda Inc.
To evaluate the comprehensive effects of shine and color intensity in hair, a hair color vibrance factor has been developed to enable new claims for hair dye formulas and after-dye treatments. Experimental results described here show how varying the ingredients in shine spray and hair dye formulas affect this factor and correlate with subjective panelist assessments.
Dec 9, 2011
NIEHS and NICEATM invite public comments that can be considered by the ICCVAM and the agencies' program offices in updating the NICEATM-ICCVAM 2008-2012 Five-Year Plan to develop the 2013-2017 Five-Year Plan.
Oct 28, 2011 | Katie Anderson (Schaefer), Cosmetics & Toiletries magazine
Today, product formulation goes hand in hand with efficacy testing, but nearly 40 years ago, when Sergio Nacht, PhD, started out in the personal care industry, it was a different story. Throughout his decades in personal care, Nacht has developed methodologies that have allowed the personal care industry to establish efficacy of a product and convey this to the consumer. He has also been instrumental in the increased efficacy of personal care products through sustained release.