Odors play a key role in the personal care industry. They are the raison d' etre of the multi-billion dollar fragrance industry. Cosmetic products have base odors to be fragranced, or at least masked. The major marketing difference between shampoos and bath products is usually fragrance. Fragrance is typically the most expensive ingredient in a cosmetic formula. Yet despite the unquestioned importance of fragrance, our knowledge of the sense of smell is often surprisingly sketchy.
Odor Reception: Structure and Mechanism
July 24, 2009
Fill out my online form.
Preserving Nature - sensiva® PA 40 is the Effective Choice to Protect Natural Emulsions – schülke, inc.
Most Popular in Biology
- 1Quantifying Well Aging: A Mathematical Sketch to Predict Age
- 2Mastering Microflora: Bioflavonoids for Better Skin Appearance
- 3Silab Study Reveals Microbiome Balance is Lost with Age
- 4Literature Review: Damage, Growth and Conditioning in Hair
- 5[podcast] A Closer Look at Psoriasis Care
- 6Is an Acne Vaccine in Our Future?
- 7Comparatively Speaking: Keratinocyte vs. Corneocyte
- 8How Hair ‘Smells’ Sandalwood to Reverse Baldness
- 9Comparatively Speaking: Pathogenic vs. Non-pathogenic Bacteria
- 10Comparatively Speaking: Genome vs. Epigenome
- How Hair ‘Smells’ Sandalwood to Reverse Baldness
10/2/2018, Brooke Schleehauf
- Where There's Smoke, There's Skin Care: How Cannabis Affects Skin
12/14/2017, Brooke Schleehauf
- Scent and Memory: Scientists Find New Connection
8/8/2018, Ryan Daily
- IL-17: The Key To Psoriasis and Cardiac Disease?
4/4/2018, Maggie Connelly
- The Genetic Relation Between Skin Tanning and Burning
7/17/2018, Maggie Connelly