Odors play a key role in the personal care industry. They are the raison d' etre of the multi-billion dollar fragrance industry. Cosmetic products have base odors to be fragranced, or at least masked. The major marketing difference between shampoos and bath products is usually fragrance. Fragrance is typically the most expensive ingredient in a cosmetic formula. Yet despite the unquestioned importance of fragrance, our knowledge of the sense of smell is often surprisingly sketchy.
Odor Reception: Structure and Mechanism
July 24, 2009
Fill out my online form.
Most Popular in Biology
- 1Scientists Discover Origins of Eczema and Psoriasis
- 2Scalp Care 101: Biology, Conditions and Formulating Answers
- 3Shiseido Uncovers Root Cause of Wrinkles and 'Pre-wrinkles'
- 4Shiseido Uncovers Macrophage Connection to Inflammaging
- 5400% Surge in Hair Loss Found in Minority Communities Post-quarantine
- 6Could Protein Folding Reshape Anti-aging Cosmetics?
- 7Adipose-derived Exosomes Improve Wound Healing
- 8Study Update: Sandalore Ingredient Reverses Hair Loss
- 9Types of Skin Aging
- 10Comparatively Speaking: Genome vs. Epigenome
- IFF/Lucas Meyer Reveals Skin's Olfaction Perception
3/17/2020, Rachel Grabenhofer
- Could Protein Folding Reshape Anti-aging Cosmetics?
2/22/2021, Karl Lintner, Ph.D., KAL’idées Beauty Ideas, Paris
- Study Update: Sandalore Ingredient Reverses Hair Loss
10/22/2020, Michele Behrens
- Study Reveals Heavy Metal-induced Stress Dynamics in Skin
8/21/2020, Rachel Grabenhofer
- Research Links Protein with Skin Barrier Protection
8/20/2020, Maggie Connelly