Aveda's research director, Alex Vainshelboim, Ph.D., asserted during the fall 2005 Health & Beauty America (HBA) Personal Care Ingredients and Technology Expo (PCITX) that gemstones can be used to enhance cosmetic formulations, as reported by the Rose Sheet. Studies by the company are said to have shown that gemstones lead to higher "intensity of intrinsic energy" in a similar way to the human subconscious response to sense of smell. Vainshelboim added that future research should evaluate human sensory response to gemstones.
Aveda Considers Gemstones in Cosmetic Formulas
October 9, 2008
Fill out my online form.
microHA—Super Active, Low Molecular Weight Hyaluronic Acid (HA) with Outstanding Biological Efficacy — Bloomage Biotechnology USA Inc.
Most Popular in Biology
- 1Literature Review: Damage, Growth and Conditioning in Hair
- 2Study Shows How Weather Changes Skin Texture
- 3RH During Sleep Affects Skin Condition
- 4Defying Damage: Understanding Breakage in Afro-textured Hair
- 5Biofilms and the Skin Microbiome: A 'Hot Spot' for Personal Care
- 6Comparatively Speaking: Pathogenic vs. Non-pathogenic Bacteria
- 7How Stress Depletes Melanocytes, Turns Hair White
- 8Researchers Discover Skin Cancer Suppressor
- 9Comparatively Speaking: Genome vs. Epigenome
- 10Types of Skin Aging
- [video] Hyaluronan Homeostasis for Anti-aging Effects
4/11/2019, Rachel Grabenhofer with Hiroyuki Yoshida, of Kao Corp.
- Lauder Reveals Metabolomic Insights on Acne, Pollution, Aging and More
6/28/2019, Rachel Grabenhofer
- How Stressing Out Causes Skin Aging; and a Way to Reverse It
8/26/2019, Rachel Grabenhofer
- Defeating Dry Skin: New Developments for Adult and Neonatal Moisturization
11/13/2019, Katerina Steventon, Ph.D., FaceWorkshops, LLC, East Yorkshire, England
- Youth in Full Bloom: Red Poppy Extract for Under-eye Circles and Sagging
9/4/2019, Marina Lefort, Lilia Heider, Valérie Bicard-Benhamou and Heike Hanau, Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany; Thierry Baldecchi, Merck Chimie SAS, Fontenay-sous-Bois, France