Aveda's research director, Alex Vainshelboim, Ph.D., asserted during the fall 2005 Health & Beauty America (HBA) Personal Care Ingredients and Technology Expo (PCITX) that gemstones can be used to enhance cosmetic formulations, as reported by the Rose Sheet. Studies by the company are said to have shown that gemstones lead to higher "intensity of intrinsic energy" in a similar way to the human subconscious response to sense of smell. Vainshelboim added that future research should evaluate human sensory response to gemstones.
Aveda Considers Gemstones in Cosmetic Formulas
October 9, 2008
Fill out my online form.
Introducing SantEnergy™ – a sustainable extract energizing and protecting hair follicles for denser hair — Mibelle AG Biochemistry
Most Popular in Biology
- 1Scientists Discover Origins of Eczema and Psoriasis
- 2Scalp Care 101: Biology, Conditions and Formulating Answers
- 3Shiseido Uncovers Root Cause of Wrinkles and 'Pre-wrinkles'
- 4Shiseido Uncovers Macrophage Connection to Inflammaging
- 5400% Surge in Hair Loss Found in Minority Communities Post-quarantine
- 6Could Protein Folding Reshape Anti-aging Cosmetics?
- 7Adipose-derived Exosomes Improve Wound Healing
- 8Study Update: Sandalore Ingredient Reverses Hair Loss
- 9Comparatively Speaking: Genome vs. Epigenome
- 10Types of Skin Aging
- Research Confirms Honey and Chamomile Activate Innate Antioxidant Defenses
9/22/2020, Rachel Grabenhofer
- Kao Connects Decrease in MFAP-4 Protein with Aging, UV Exposure
9/14/2020, Rachel Grabenhofer
- How the Circadian Cycle Regulates Skin Regeneration: A Review
12/4/2020, Rachel Grabenhofer
- Shiseido Uncovers Root Cause of Wrinkles and 'Pre-wrinkles'
2/15/2021, Rachel Grabenhofer
- Sytheon Publishes on Synastol TC’s Dermal Expression Responses
10/30/2020, Michele Behrens