To some, the line dividing non-drug form drug products is vague and seemingly unreadable. Most companies go out of their way not to cross the line, in the hopes of not having to deal with the regulatory issues that come with marketing drug products. Yet, more and more often, as new claims come onto the market, the exact point at which your product becomes a drug and not a cosmetic comes into the picture as a critical consideration in product development and marketing.
Establishing the Dividing Line: Is Your Product a Drug?
November 4, 2011
Fill out my online form.
Validate the efficacy of actives, raw materials & products in preventing/repairing skin damage from environmental pollution — Genemarkers, LLC
Fragrance Allergen Calibration Mixes – Receive 30% discount — Sigma-Aldrich, a brand of MilliporeSigma
Most Popular in Claims/Labeling
- 1Suit Alleges J&J's OGX Shampoo, Conditioners Cause Hair Loss
- 2Updated Guide Available on Classifying and Labeling Titanium Dioxide
- 3Bayer, Beiersdorf to Settle Over 'Misleading Mineral-based' Coppertone Claim
- 4California Passes 'Do Not Flush' Wipes Law
- 5Unilever’s TRESemmé Shampoo Alleged to Cause Irritation, Hair Loss
- 6China Cracks Down on Misleading Cosmetic Claims—Here's How to Comply
- 7Microbiome Claims: Should Pre-, Pro- and Postbiotic Skin Care Be Regulated?
- 8FDA Issues Warning Letter for Eyebrow/Eyelash Growth Product Claims
- 9Burt's Bees Faces Class Action Suit Over 'Natural' Pet Shampoo Claims
- 10Clinique Faces Class Action Suit Over False 'Probiotic' Product Claim
- China Cracks Down on Misleading Cosmetic Claims—Here's How to Comply
9/23/2021, Michele Behrens
- Target Faces Class Action Suit Over Hand Sanitizer Claims
6/22/2021, Hannah Fink
- Words from Wiechers: The Term Cosmeceuticals is No Longer Sustainable
6/30/2021, Tony O'Lenick, Nascent Technologies Corp., and the late Johann W. Wiechers, Ph.D.
- USDA Certifies Locus PI Sophorolipids as 100% Bio-based
4/30/2021, Michele Behrens
- Concerns Over Charcoal Safety Raised in Crest Toothpaste Lawsuit
3/19/2021, Rachel Grabenhofer