Cosmetic Executive Women (CEW) has announced the winners of the 2022 Women’s Leadership Awards, a program to celebrate and advance female leaders who are shaping the beauty industry. The two-day live and virtual hybrid event on June 2 and June 3, 2022, included the presentation of three awards: The Catalyst for Change Award, the Achiever Awards and the Social Impact Awards.
The Catalyst for Change Award is a new award at this year’s event. It celebrates one woman for moving the industry forward through a social movement. The inaugural winner was Sharon Chuter, founder and CEO of UOMA Beauty.
The Achiever Awards recognized seven of the most accomplished senior-level female executives. The Achiever honorees are:
- Susan Akkad, senior vice president, local & cultural innovation, The Estée Lauder Companies
- Nata Dvir, chief merchandising officer, Macy’s
- Nathalie Gerschtein, president, consumer products division, L’Oréal
- Sarah Curtis Henry, chief commercial officer, N.A., Parfums Christian Dior
- Marcela Melero, vice president, Global Dove Skin Cleansing, Unilever
- Ilaria Resta, president, global perfumery, Firmenich
- Alexis M. Schrimpf, design vice president, P&G Skin & Personal Care, and co-founder of SeeMe Beauty
The Social Impact Awards honored seven emerging beauty executives who are positively affecting change within their companies and the industry. The Social Impact honorees are:
- Simone Jordan, global head of purpose & brand partnerships, Sundial Brands
- Erica Monteith, executive director of brand activations and beauty marketing, CVS Health
- Debra Redmond, vice president, beauty division merchandise manager, Nordstrom
- Crystal Sai, executive director, chief of staff, global online, The Estée Lauder Companies
- Angela Simpson, vice president, U.S. marketing, NARS Cosmetics
- Amber Stryker, director, BFA impact, BFA Industries
- Rolanda J. Wilkerson, Ph.D., senior director and scientific communications fellow, Olay and Multicultural Hair Portfolio, P&G Beauty
More information on the event and award winners is available on the CEW Women's Leadership Awards 2022 event page.
Carlotta Jacobson, CEW President, said, “The Achiever Award recipients are the future of the beauty business, representing different backgrounds, experiences, cultures, ages, leadership styles and points of view. They bring a wealth of innovation and new thinking. They are expanding our industry in new directions, and building a better, more equitable workplace.”