The Centre for Management Technology (CMT) will take a deep dive into a rapidly emerging market on the world’s second-largest continent at the Africa Home and Personal Care Markets Summit.
Supported by the Cosmetic, Toiletry and Fragrance Association of South Africa (CTFA), the summit analyzes Africa’s beauty, personal and home care market, along with trends, growth potential and raw materials innovations. Among the presentations:
- L’Oreal South Africa will share insights during “The Crown of African Women: Addressing Diverse Hair Needs in Sub-Saharan Africa.”
- East African Lion Brands Industries will address Ethiopia’s home and personal care market prospects, demand and supply projection; the rise of powder detergent vs. laundry soap; and the raw materials supply chain.
- PZ Cussons Nigeria will share a detailed account of formulating home and personal care products for Nigerian customers.
- Unilever South Africa will review packaging design trends to fit African consumers and packaging demands in the digital age.
- Dabur South Africa will present the paper “Changing Formulation Trends in Private Labels Cosmetics and Personal Care”
- CTFA will shed more light on the regulatory environment in the South African personal care and cosmetics sector, which is currently shifting from self-regulation to full regulation.
- Vantage Specialty Chemicals will present “Green and Natural Ingredients Trends in Africa’s Skin Care Formulation.”
- Botanica Natural Products will present “Production and Supply of African Ingredients to African Personal Care Markets in Sub-Saharan Africa.”
Additional programming includes Euromonitor’s “Regional Overview of the Sub-Saharan Africa Beauty and Personal Care Sectors;” a presentation from HSBC Securities regarding the economic outlook of Sub-Saharan Africa; and Novozymes’ “African Laundry Washing Habits—How Can a Brand Cater to the Changing Needs & Differentiate Itself.”
CMT’s Africa Home and Personal Care Markets Summit will be held Sept. 26-27, 2018, in Johannesburg.
Related: 5 Things to Know about the Beauty Care Market in the Middle East and Africa