The Personal Care and Homecare Ingredients (PCHi) trade show concluded in Shanghai on a high note, with record-breaking figures. Between Feb. 19–21, 2014, PCHi welcomed the highest number of delegates in the show’s seven-year history, with a total of 8,189 unique visitors—a 19.7% increase over PCHi 2013 (held in Guangzhou) and a 67.3% increase over the last Shanghai-located PCHi in 2012. Of the 8,189 visitors, 11% were international delegates that traveled from 57 countries to view innovations from some 380 ingredient suppliers. Twenty-seven exhibitors launched a total of 53 innovations at the event.
“PCHi is more than just a trade event for ingredients sourcing," said Elynn Xu, project manager for the event's owner, Reed Sinopharm Exhibitions (RSE). "We endeavor to provide exhibitors and visitors alike with an enriched experience at the show. Based on feedback, the diverse mix of exhibitors and improved visitor quality brought about more meaningful exchanges on the show floor. The conference program and new elements that we brought to PCHi this year, such as the New Products Showcase, were also very well-received.”
Comprehensive Conference Program
PCHi 2014 featured its most comprehensive conference program since its inception, with a strong line-up of speakers from across the globe. Over the three days, delegates benefited from the extensive range of topics presented at the conferences and gained knowledge about the latest trends, technologies, as well as updates on rules and regulations in the industry.
This year also marks the first time RSE planned the conference program in collaboration with external partner organizations, including Cosmetics & Toiletries, international market research firm Mintel, Shanghai Jahwa United Co. Ltd., Shanghai Jiao Tong University, SHAW & SHAW Advertising Co. Ltd., Japan-China Cosmetics Exchange Association and CosmeticsDesign-Asia.com.
China Personal Care & Cosmetics Innovation Awards (CPCIA)
At PCHi 2014, RSE once again featured the annual CPCIA. Held on the evening of Feb. 19, the awards honored 15 companies that have demonstrated innovation in the designing of new ingredients across a variety of categories. Winners of the 4th CPCIA are:
- Ashland (China) Holding Co., Ltd., Actopontine Biofunctional
- Symrise Shanghai Ltd., SymHair Force 1631
- Lonza (China) Investments Co. Ltd., ProSynergen DF
- Bloomage Freda Biopharm Co. Ltd., Oil-dispersed Sodium Hyaluronate (Hyacolor)
- Solabia Group Resistress
- Lipotec Juvefoxo
- Sethic France, Glycowhite
- Merck Chemicals (Shanghai) Co. Ltd., Ronacare Pristine Bright
- Solabia Group, Seboxyl
- Specchem.Industry Inc., Przvfree 1840
- Symrise Shanghai Ltd., Symsave H
- Axialys Innovations Axiamul Lv
- Gattefossé China Trading Co. Ltd., Lipocire A Sg
- Bayer Material Science, Baycusan C1008
Processing & Packaging
- Emborio (Shanghai) Co. Ltd., Bfm Fittings
NEXUS – Back with a Twist
Introduced in 2013 to foster networking between exhibitors and visitors, NEXUS returned for PCHi 2014 with a program that encouraged greater knowledge exchange. International media representatives were invited to share their professional opinions and insights with attendees on the selected theme, skin care.
Winners of the annual PCHi Awards were also honored at a presentation ceremony during NEXUS. The awards give recognition to exhibitors who have invested effort in the design of their booths, communications materials and presentation of their new products. Winners were selected by a panel of nine international media representatives.
The following companies clinched this year’s PCHi Awards:
Best Designed Booth
- Innovation Labo
- Silok (China) Operating Centre
- Croda Hong Kong Co., Ltd.
- Wacker Chemicals (China) Co., Ltd.
Best New Product Presentation
- Guangzhou CDLUnion Biotechnology Co. Ltd. (for thermal spring water)
- Showa Denko (Shanghai) Co. Ltd. (for APPS, TPNa, SPIERA, Hi-Carnitine [HLC] and Methyl Hesperidin)
The eighth edition of PCHi will be held from March 12–14, 2015, at the Guangzhou Poly World Trade Centre.