DSM recognized the effects of stress on beauty, and sought to remedy them in its recent formulation releases.
According to the company, chronic stress can lead to unhealthy behavior, such as losing sleep or overeating. DSM utilized the following ingredients to create formulations to combat these effects:
- Bel-Even (INCI: Biphenyl Azepanyl Methanone (and) Propanediol)—Inhibits cortisol production, which, if left unchecked, can contribute to visable signs of skin aging. The skin barrier, along with hydration and elasticity, are also intended to improve with this sustainable ingredient.
- Pentavitin (INCI: Saccharide Isomerate (and) Water (aqua) (and) Citric Acid (and) Sodium Citrate)—A plant-derived ingredient meant to target very dry skin in order to provide hydration while strengthening the skin barrier.
From hair care to easy sun protection, DSM created the following formulations to fit millennials' busy lifestyles:
- UV Flash Tone for one-step care—A soft-finish fluid that protects against UV and blue light, and helps achieve trendy “glass” skin;
- Alp’Dry Shampoo—A minimal-ingredient dry shampoo that keeps hair fresh and clean-looking between washes;
- Texturizing Beach Spray—Styles hair while providing protection with a laid-back look;
- Messy Matte Gum—Provides high-definition sculpted, textured or scrunched styles;
- No FOMO Sun Stick SPF 50—An easy-to-use sun protector for areas like the eye contour, nose and mouth;
- High Glide Moisturizing Sun Essence SPF 50—A lightweight sun protector that also defends against blue light and pollution, without leaving a white cast on skin; and
- Total Protection into the Blue and Shine Control SPF 50—A low-pH formulation that controls shine, moisturizes skin and combats fine lines.
DSM’s formulations were presented at in-cosmetics Global in Amsterdam from April 17–19, 2018.