Bio-Botanica has developed a new line of extracts in hemp (Cannabis Sativa) seed oil for skin and hair applications. We have extracted plant material directly into hemp seed oil to create products that combine the benefits of each botanical component synergistically with the hemp seed oil, to attain optimum efficacy. Some examples of current extracts are aloe vera, calendula, cucumber, orange peel, rose hips and many others.
Cold pressed hemp seed oil is dark to light green and the refined oil is slightly clearer. In addition to the components of the botanical materials, the hemp seed oil contains beneficial omega-3, omega-6 and omega-9 essential fatty acids, including linoleic and alpha-linolenic acids, which provide antioxidant and anti-inflammatory benefits.
Benefits for the skin include:
- May calm temporary skin irritations
- Rejuvenates the skin
- Provides long lasting moisture
- Provides some protection against environmental factors
Benefits for the hair include:
- Prevents water loss and injects moisture into hair and scalp
- Helps enhance the growth of hair on the scalp through the omega-3, omega-6 and omega-9 fatty acids
- Strengthens hair to prevent breakage
- Nourishes the hair follicles for better hair growth