Combining the clean beauty movement with anti-aging benefits, Oat Cosmetics launched Avenaplex (INCI: Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract)—an active meant to prevent and manage signs of aging while protecting the skin barrier in older consumers.
In formulations, the ingredient leaves behind a nongreasy and reportedly pleasant skin feel. A complex of skin-identical lipids—including ceramides—the ingredient is meant to:
- Help strengthen the dermis;
- Rapidly repair the skin lipid barrier by reducing TEWL;
- Prevent loss of skin elasticity and firmness;
- Replenish skin lipids lost through aging;
- Increase the performance of gene markers.
The anhydrous ingredient is 100% natural and may help to enable clean label products due to its single INCI name.
Avenaplex launched at in-cosmetic Global, held in Paris April 2-4, 2019.