Most Popular in Formulating
- 50 Shades of Gray Forgotten: Kick Up Your Color Formulas
- Comparatively Speaking: Shampoo vs. Body Wash Formulation
- Formulating Facial Masks
- C&T Formulary: Hair Care
- Straightening Hair Safely With Cystine and Without Formaldehyde
- Keratolytic Treatments for Acne: A Review
- Study Reveals New Effects of Hormones on Skin Tone
- Sodium Laurylglucosides Hydroxypropyl Sulfonate for Sulfate-free Formulations
- Fighting the Good Fight: Hydration’s Role in Keeping the Skin Healthy
- Silicone Emulsifiers and Formulation Techniques for Stable, Aesthetic Products
Recent in Formulating (page 1 of 40)
May 27, 2016
Helping protect against mold, bacteria and yeast, Schülke&Mayr GmbH launched euxyl K 940, a liquid cosmetic preservative. This ingredient was created with global approval to be utilized in a range of formulation types.
May 25, 2016
The science community recently learned that in an unhealthy scalp, the oxidative stress level is raised significantly. P&G scientists James Schwartz, Ph.D., and Rolanda Wilkerson, Ph.D., explain why this is important, in this video.
May 23, 2016
Show off elegance and grace with DECLÉOR’s AROMESSENCE SVELT BODY REFINING OIL SERUM, which benefits skin in draining toxins, smoothing the appearance of cellulite and restoring softness and elasticity.
May 19, 2016
Rub-a-dub-dub in the tub with Colonial Chemical, Inc.’s four new ingredients: ColaTeric CDB, ColaDet BSC-ND, ColaDet EQ-20 and SugaDet Pearl, which benefit cleansing in various ways.
May 18, 2016
Researchers from King's College London have uncovered a new hard (water) truth: hard water, i.e., that containing higher levels of calcium carbonate, increases the risk of eczema in infants.
May 17, 2016
With the exception of European-type populations who have favored tanned skin for several decades, Indian, Asian, African and South American populations endeavour to lighten their complexions and reduce the unsightly appearance of pigment disorders.
May 17, 2016
Are you looking for a tailor-made compound for a strong hair conditioning effect in shampoos that provides a significant improvement on wet combing and sensorial performance? Look no further...
May 16, 2016
Don't let pain drag down your adventures. Battle physical body stressors with Green Goo's Golf Goo 'Swing Oil.' Golf Goo is formulated to relieve inflammation.
May 13, 2016
Fight aging, while applying color with the 2-in-1 Beauty For Real’s Blush + Glo Cream Blush And Luminizer, formulated to leave skin looking younger and healthy.
May 6, 2016
Overcoming low gloss, color drift, regulatory compliance, and premature chipping with seven different oligomers.
May 5, 2016
From traditional cleansing chassis to complex, milder systems and across the full range of formulation pH, Carbopol SMART polymers deliver exceptional clarity, suspension, and elegant rheology to your products while also enhancing mildness, skin feel and foam aesthetics.
May 4, 2016
Following the acquisitions of French cosmetic active ingredients company Soliance in 2014 and science-based active cosmetic ingredients firm Induchem in 2015, Givaudan’s cosmetic actives business has been rebranded “Active Beauty,” with the compelling brand claim of, “Bringing beauty to the world.”
Can't find what you're looking for? Try searching, or looking through past issues.
Between The Covers Discover:
- Amino acid distribution and biochemistry
- Examination of strength and anti-breakage product claims
- Hair: growth cycle, heat protection, shine, and color intensity and retention
- Overview of shampoos and issues relating to surfactants
- Science of hair color including chemical reactions and formulations
- Ethnic differences in hair and absorption of materials
- Evaluate and quantify visual properties of hair
- Dandruff-Causes and biology of the condition
- Hair styling products and polymers
Click here to order your copy today.
Finally! This book offers practical approach to the formulation chemist’s day-to-day endeavors by: addressing the innumerable challenges facing the chemist both in design and at bench, such as formulating with/for specific properties; offering valuable “tips” to troubleshooting issues regarding ingredient selection and interaction, regulatory concerns that must be addressed early in development, and the extrapolation of preservative systems; exploring the advantages and limitations of raw materials; addressing scale-up and pilot production process and concerns; and much more.Order your copy today.