C&T Summit is Coming
Save the Date!
Join us at C&T Summit, June 26 & 27, 2014. This new event focuses on high-level science and hands-on practical application for the cosmetic scientist. Sign up for the mailing list for more information.
Dec 04, 2013 | 08:00 AM CST
By: Susan Raffy, Susan Raffy Consulting
One of the first mainstream temporary hair colors to come to market is the Bumble and Bumble's spraychalk. This product is a “wild, quick-dry tinted hairspray for a splash of color and style” that comes in various colors. This column will review the ingredient listing for functionality.
Dec 03, 2013 | 06:36 AM CST
Patent Picks are compiled by Cosmetics & Toiletries editors. Taken from publicly available sources, they cover recent patents issued, or applied for, in the cosmetic and personal care industries and relevant peripheral markets. This edition features inventions related to color in makeup and hair applications.
Nov 20, 2013 | 08:53 AM CST
Patent Picks are compiled by Cosmetics & Toiletries editors. Taken from publicly available sources, they cover recent patents issued, or applied for, in the cosmetic and personal care industries and related peripheral markets. This edition features inventions relevant to sun care.
Dec 06, 2013 | 07:45 AM CST
A new bioactive molecule from the Centella asiatica plant, irbic acid, has been discovered by researchers at Sederma’s Instituto di Ricerche Biotecnologiche (IRB).
Dec 04, 2013 | 09:30 AM CST
Symrise’s multifunctional stabilizer SymSave H (INCI: Hydroxyacetophenone), launched in July 2013, was awarded the SEPAWA association's Innovation Award 2013 during the group's recent event, held in Fulda, Germany.
Dec 02, 2013 | 02:21 PM CST
Oriflame has announced a significant investment in the cultivation of its own plant stem cell cultures. The investment is an effort by the company to produce sustainable and effective anti-aging active ingredients.
Dec 02, 2013 | 11:35 AM CST
At recent European and Asia-Pacific events, a number of speakers suggested that consumer behavior was becoming a major barrier to sustainable development in the beauty industry.
Nov 27, 2013 | 07:47 AM CST
Cosmetics & Toiletries has extended the deadline for raw material nominations to its 2014 R&D Awards (to be presented at in-cosmetics in Hamburg). Recognize your team's innovation and expertise today! New deadline for entries: Dec. 10, 2013.
Nov 25, 2013 | 11:02 AM CST
Essential Ingredients has created a 40% salicylic acid gel that is safe, stable, effective and meets the United States Pharmacopeia's Salicylic Acid Gel Monograph.
Dec 03, 2013 | 01:02 PM CST
Oct 30, 2013 | 11:50 AM CDT
- Dec 11, 2013Avant Institute SymposiumJersey City, New Jersey
- Dec 12-13, 2013SCC Annual Scientific Meeting & Technology ShowcaseNew York, NY
- Feb 19-21, 2014Personal Care Homecare Ingredients (PCHi) 2014Shanghai, China
- Feb 20-21, 2014The Legal and Regulatory Forum on CosmeticsNew York, NY, USA
- View Full Calendar
- Cosmetic ChemistryLearn all the essentials of cosmetic sciencecourse details
- Natural FormulationsLearn practical aspects of constructing natural personal care productscourse details
- OptimizationDiscover how to produce better results faster and with less effortcourse details
- PhysiologyThe medical knowledge you need to create the best and safest productscourse details