Our knowledge of the sun and its effects on skin has increased over the years, including the damaging effects of UVA and UVB light. Testing methods for UVA and UVB rays differ; the following is a review of the testing protocols of the European Union and United Kingdom.
Here Comes the Sun Protection: ISO Test Methods
October 15, 2018
Fill out my online form.
High Demand for Naturals Continues – Guide Formulary Accelerates Formulation Work — Natural Plant Products Inc.
Most Popular in Europe
- 1EDQM Finds Allergenic Fragrances in ‘Perfume-Free’ Cosmetics
- 2SEAC Adopts EU-wide Microplastics Ban Proposal
- 3How EU Regulations Influence Fragrance in Cosmetics
- 4EU Effectively Bans D4 and D5 in Wash-off Products
- 5SCCS Deems Salicylic Acid Safe for Preservation and Cosmetics, Anti-acne Still a Question
- 6EU's Chemical Strategy for Sustainability to Rewrite Cosmetics Regulation and Risk Management
- 7Unilever + 484 Stakeholders Urge EU Officials: Uphold Cosmetic Animal Testing Ban
- 8[update] EU Classifies TiO2 as 'Suspected' Carcinogen by Inhalation
- 9EFfCI Publishes GMP Guide for Cosmetic Ingredients
- 10SCCS Rules on Quaternary Ammonium Compounds
- Beauty & Brexit
2/27/2020, Meredith Petillo, director of technical and regulatory affairs, Independent Cosmetic Manufacturers and Distributors (ICMAD)
- How Companies Can Speed the EU Disinfectants Supply
3/25/2020, Rachel Grabenhofer
- BASF Increases EU Price on Neopentyl Glycol and 1,6-Hexanediol
4/27/2020, Michele Behrens
- CTPA Publishes Customer Charter: 'Protecting Us All at the Beauty Counter'
6/24/2020, Jessie Kern
- ECHA Wavers on Resorcinol's Proposed SVHC Status
6/24/2020, Rachel Grabenhofer