Our knowledge of the sun and its effects on skin has increased over the years, including the damaging effects of UVA and UVB light. Testing methods for UVA and UVB rays differ; the following is a review of the testing protocols of the European Union and United Kingdom.
Here Comes the Sun Protection: ISO Test Methods
October 15, 2018
Fill out my online form.
Most Popular in Europe
- 1SCCS Deems Salicylic Acid Safe for Preservation and Cosmetics, Anti-acne Still a Question
- 2EU Plans Cosmetic Ingredient Glossary
- 3European Commission Authorizes MBBT Sunscreens
- 4Measuring Europe's Microplastic Response
- 5Are Your Preservatives Up to EU Snuff?
- 6EU Effectively Bans D4 and D5 in Wash-off Products
- 7Here Comes the Sun Protection: ISO Test Methods
- 8EFfCI Publishes GMP Guide for Cosmetic Ingredients
- 9How EU Regulations Influence Fragrance in Cosmetics
- 10EU Regulatory Review: Regulation Milestones, Looking Back at 2017
- Measuring Europe's Microplastic Response
11/12/2018, Chris Flower, Ph.D., and Emma Meredith, Ph.D., CTPA, London
- ICMAD Releases Statement on EU Extra Duties
7/6/2018, Eden Stuart
- EU Plans Cosmetic Ingredient Glossary
1/3/2019, Brooke Schleehauf
- SCCS Deems Salicylic Acid Safe for Preservation and Cosmetics, Anti-acne Still a Question
1/4/2019, Rachel Grabenhofer