With the end of 2018 approaching, the cosmetic industry is abuzz with trend predictions and year-end reports. This week's recap video with Cosmetics & Toiletries assistant editor, Brooke Schleehauf, walks you through our take on these and other news, including:
- Hemp's expected legalization in the U.S.;
- Which skin care claims are most credible;
- Pinterest's top picks for 2019 beauty trends;
- Google's most-searched beauty topics in 2018;
- NYSCC's award partnership;
- The factors sparking growth in the natural and organic personal care market;
- BASF's expanded palm-product production network; and
- The new president of the Society of Cosmetic Chemists.
Plus, a collection of K-beauty applications in this week's product pick.