- Natural and organic products now comprise more than 6% of personal care product sales in North America
- Nearly half of all revenues come from skin care
- Hair care is the second largest category, followed by color cosmetics
- Skin care and color cosmetics report the highest growth
- Certified products represent roughly 10% of natural and organic personal care product sales; NPA and NSF ANSI 305 are the most popular standards, while the Non-GMO project Verified label is the fastest growing
- Among the trends: product segmentation, such as brands for specific consumer groups; ethical sourcing of raw materials; and a shift from green formulations to wider sustainability issues, like utilizing renewable energy and sustainable packaging
Natural and Organic Beauty Had a Very Big Year
December 18, 2018
Fill out my online form.
ISOPENTYLDIOL:The Multi-Functional Ingredient for all formulations & all formulators — Kuraray America
Most Popular in Segments
- 1Honey Hydration: A Study on Skin
- 2The Top 5 Packaging Trends of 2020
- 3'Clean' Beauty, Decoded*
- 4Beauty Comes Clean: Free Ebook
- 5Expert Opinions: Natural vs. Synthetic
- 6Industry Insight: Cumulative Irritation and Moisturizing/Cleansing Ratings?
- 7Pore Strips to Hit US $4.13 Billion by 2025*
- 8CeraVe Survey Uncovers Reasons Adults Skip Sun Protection
- 9Skin Analysis Technology Market to Reach $275 Million by 2030
- 10Devices Creating New Mega Beauty Category
- It’s a Green Thing—Natural and Organic Market Continues to Grow
8/7/2019, Eden Stuart
- 5 Factors Fueling the Jojoba Oil Market Growth
7/22/2019, Audrey Latimer
- Expert Opinions: Natural vs. Synthetic
7/1/2020, Pascal Yvon, Alban Muller International; Caren Dres-Hajeski and Rishabh Shah, Acme-Hardesty; Samuel Lin, Ph.D., Applechem, Inc.; Jakob Bredsguard, Biosynthetic Food, Drug and Personal Care; Carsten Dietz, Ph.D., Cosphatec GmbH
- Industry Insight: Cumulative Irritation and Moisturizing/Cleansing Ratings?
6/1/2020, Rachel Grabenhofer with Howard Maibach, M.D.
- 10 Things to Know About the Eyelash Enhancing Agents Market
7/25/2019, Eden Stuart