- Natural and organic products now comprise more than 6% of personal care product sales in North America
- Nearly half of all revenues come from skin care
- Hair care is the second largest category, followed by color cosmetics
- Skin care and color cosmetics report the highest growth
- Certified products represent roughly 10% of natural and organic personal care product sales; NPA and NSF ANSI 305 are the most popular standards, while the Non-GMO project Verified label is the fastest growing
- Among the trends: product segmentation, such as brands for specific consumer groups; ethical sourcing of raw materials; and a shift from green formulations to wider sustainability issues, like utilizing renewable energy and sustainable packaging
Natural and Organic Beauty Had a Very Big Year
December 18, 2018
Fill out my online form.
Most Popular in Segments
- 1Cosmetic Winners and Losers from COVID-19: Ingredients and Products
- 23 Fast-growing Beauty Trends Decoded
- 3Industry Insight: Hand Sanitizer Insanity and Formulating By the Book
- 4Evoking Emotion: Bathing for Mind, Body and Self-care
- 5Expert Opinions: Natural vs. Synthetic
- 6Plastic-free, Natural Deodorant Launched by Noniko
- 7Industry Insight: Cumulative Irritation and Moisturizing/Cleansing Ratings?
- 8How COVID-19 is Impacting 4 Different Beauty Categories
- 9Beauty Comes Clean: Free Ebook
- 10TiO2 Nanoparticle Market to Ramp Up Again Post-COVID-19
- Expert Opinions: Natural vs. Synthetic
7/1/2020, Pascal Yvon, Alban Muller International; Caren Dres-Hajeski and Rishabh Shah, Acme-Hardesty; Samuel Lin, Ph.D., Applechem, Inc.; Jakob Bredsguard, Biosynthetic Food, Drug and Personal Care; Carsten Dietz, Ph.D., Cosphatec GmbH
- Editor’s Note: C&T Sticking the Landing
9/2/2020, Rachel Grabenhofer
- GC3 Survey: Silicone Alternatives
7/21/2020, Michele Behrens
- Industry Insight: Hand Sanitizer Insanity and Formulating By the Book
9/2/2020, Michele Behrens
- Industry Insight: Cumulative Irritation and Moisturizing/Cleansing Ratings?
6/1/2020, Rachel Grabenhofer with Howard Maibach, M.D.