World Microbiome Day was on June 27, in case you missed it—we flagged it on our Facebook page. What else happened this week in cosmetics R&D? Rachel Grabenhofer is back with your weekly video recap, including:
- A hands-on tutorial from Lucas Meyer on formulating a cream-gel;
- Omya’s “Omyaskin” functional mineral compositions to replace kaolin and talc;
- Oxiteno's move into skin care with its Oxismooth line of emollient esters;
- Katerina Steventon, Ph.D.'s, look at Perricone MD’s post-shave treatment for men;
- Avon’s patent for natural actives with anti-aging skin care benefits;
- An interview with Simon Craw, Rodan + Fields’ head of R&D business development;
- California's and Canada's moves toward banning animal testing for cosmetics;
- Cruelty Free International's attempt to soften China's animal testing mandate;
- A proposal to take away food safety oversight from U.S. Food and Drug Administration; and
- EU tariffs on imported goods including cosmetics, flavors and fragrances.
Plus, our product pick of the week and exclusive C&T reader insight. Watch now!