Over the last decade, there has been a dramatic increase in consumer demand for sustainable solutions for personal care products. More than ever, consumers prefer high performance ingredients that are environmentally friendly and have a minimal impact on natural resources.
We believe sustainable chemistry will fundamentally determine the future of cleansing. At Innospec, sustainable chemistry and product stewardship are the impetus for new and innovative technologies. From formulating, manufacturing and selling our ingredients, we are committed to collaborating with our customers to find creative and practical solutions to reduce the impact on the environment by changing how customers receive and use our ingredients.
We demonstrate our commitment to sustainable chemistry and product stewardship through our active participation in:
- RSPO –Round Table for Sustainable Palm Oil.COSMOS and ECOCERT approved ingredients are a focus and our portfolio are continuing to grow.
- Action for Sustainable Derivatives (ASD), of which we are founding members.
- Awarded the EcoVadis GOLD CSR rating for 2017-2019.
- Actively increasing the number of our manufacturing sites that use only renewable sources of electricity.
- Supplying dried/solid products which eliminate the need to transport water, reduce the transport emissions by 75% and help to minimize the plastic used in the final consumer product.
- Supplying readily biodegradable ingredients that minimize the product’s environmental impact.
Globally, our team works diligently on sustainable solutions built around you, the formulation chemist, and we support these solutions with extensive testing and research to ensure your formulation’s success. Innospec offers a rich portfolio of eco-friendly surfactants that are sulfate-free and 1,4 dioxane free, as well as concentrated and solid products that use less water. As a surfactant industry leader, we are committed to sustainability; we are the future of cleansing.
Innospec recommends the following ingredients to help you create formulations that meet today’s consumer needs for sustainable personal care products.
Click here to see the full-size chart.
To work with our team of experts and find sustainable solutions to your everyday challenges contact us atet our knowledge and expertise help you innovate.
The above paid-for content was produced by and posted on behalf of the Sponsor. Content provided is generated solely by the Sponsor or its affiliates, and it is the Sponsor’s responsibility for the accuracy, completeness and validity of all information included. Cosmetics & Toiletries takes steps to ensure that you will not confuse sponsored content with content produced by Cosmetics & Toiletries and governed by its editorial policy.